Machine Operator Mining Shutdown
Note Printing Australia (NPA) has over 100 years’ experience manufacturing high security bank notes and passports for both the Australian and international markets. Well known for being innovative and pushing the boundary of new technology, NPA provides an environment where passion and hard work result in exciting new concepts that continually prove that anything is possible!
Reporting directly to the Passports Production Manager, the position of Machine Operator will work cross functionally operating a minimum of 3 of the passport production cells. More specifically, the position of Machine Operator will be accountable for all machine setup, fault finding including low level diagnostic work, operation, throughput, safety, quality and security of product including reconciliations, material usage, non-conforming materials and control of spoilage.
The key responsibilities are as follows but not limited:
- Allocate tasks to individuals at the production process, ensure that production assistants are handling the product correctly
- Prompt and accurate recording of production process operations, including production throughput, spoilage, reconciliations, labour and material usage.
- Perform relevant end of day duties to ensure that processes are shutdown and ready for operations the next shift, all material is secure and that the area has been securely locked down.
- Coordinate the flow of product and materials with other production processes.
- Works with Passports Material Coordinator to maintain an acceptable level of consumables at the production process to ensure smooth running of the machine on a daily basis.
- Provide timely and accurate information to the Passports Production Manager regarding product quality, standards, machine performance, training and staffing issues.
- Conduct routine preventative maintenance as required to optimize machine performance
- Works alongside Passports safety representative and leadership team by sharing knowledge to deliver on the job training and development to other individuals in training.
- Works with Passports leadership team to ensure that Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions reflect good (and actual) work practices.
- Works with Passport leadership team to provide technical advice and input when required to meet/improve machine setup, operation, output, quality and security of product.
They are seeking an appropriately qualified trades-person that has proven experience working within a manufacturing company, ideally printing or binding. Further, you will have experience working within and developing teams in order to meet strict production deadlines.
You will be approachable, a good communicator and have experience reporting and producing documentation to support production output. Experience with spoilage reduction and commissioning of new machinery would be highly regarded.
The following skills and experiences will be highly desired;
- Trade qualified in either machine setting, fitter and turner or mechanical engineering
- Ability to manage key requirements of your role whilst dealing with conflicting business requirements
- Experience working to tight production deadlines, whilst delegating work flow to process assistants
- Intermediate computer skills
- Experience working within a highly secure and compliance-based manufacturing position
- Knowledge of SPC or Lean manufacturing advantage.
The role will offer the right person a rare opportunity to be a key player in the manufacture of Australia’s current and future Passports, whilst providing endless opportunity to grow and develop both personally and professionally towards a successful career within NPA.
Would you like to apply for this job?
If this sounds like the opportunity you are looking for, please include a cover letter and resume in word format by selecting apply.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11Apply for Machine Operator Mining Shutdown Melbourne VIC