Machine Operator Footscray VIC
Machine Operator Footscray Mining Manufacturing Plant VIC
As the world leaders in engineered conveyor solutions, Fenner Dunlop delivers valuable material handling solutions to their extended network of high profile clients in the mining and industrial sectors. The success has been built over many years on having a talented team that works together to achieve incredible outcomes.
They currently have day and night shifts available for experienced machine operators at West Footscray manufacturing plant. Reporting to the Production Supervisor you will be responsible for operating key machinery and plant used to manufacture rubber conveyor belts used in mining and industrial applications.
This is a hands on and fast paced position that will require you to act and learn quickly and be prepared to roll up your sleeves to deliver results.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- To contribute to the company’s overall safety objective of “100% Safe Behaviours and conditions today” by; actively reporting any near miss, hazards or incidents.
- Operate machinery in line with set operating procedures and instructions.
- Monitor in process quality and correcting any non-conformances.
- Completing production records and reports.
To be successful in this position you will need to meet the following criteria
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a machine operator in a heavy industrial manufacturing operation.
- Ability to demonstrate practical knowledge of manufacturing and QA/QC practices.
- Demonstrate a good mechanical and problem solving aptitude.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills both written and verbal as well as the ability to interpret numerical data and information.
- Ability to work independently and in team environment
- Be flexible to work overtime when requested
- Punctuality and reliability, team fit and your ability to follow instructions are all crucial
- Ability to demonstrate a focus on best practice, continuous improvement, and customer service
- Overhead crane experience is an advantage, but not essential to be successful in this role.
- Hold a current forklift license.
What’s on offer?
- Ongoing work – permanent and casual roles
- Attractive pay rates and the opportunity to work overtime
- Opportunity to work with a leading manufacturer
Based in West Footscray, they have day and night shift positions available. The hourly wage is $24.37 plus loading.
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
How to apply
To apply online please click the APPLY button below and submit an up-to-date resume.
Click Apply for Machine Operator Footscray Mining Manufacturing Plant VIC