You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Labourer with excavator/loader/skidsteer
Excavator Loader Skidsteer 7/7 Rosters Mine site Bowen Basin
WorkPac business includes both blue and white collar recruitment experts who are each focused on ensuring they deliver outstanding candidate sourcing, safety management and customer relations. They also utilize the skills of each group member to provide specialized solutions for clients. Whether it be a large workforce deployment, national training program or planned maintenance services, the WorkPac Group provides superior outcomes for any project size.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Labouring duties
- Operate excavator/loader/skidsteer as required
- Work 7/7 rosters at a mine site in the Bowen Basin
- Pre-start checks
- Maintain equipment
- Operate and work safely
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Minimum 3 months on a coal mine site
- Current Drivers License
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training Statement of Attainment
- RII for excavator or loader or skidsteer
- Current Coal Board Medical
- High levels of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure
- Your key focus is safety with a high attention to detail to abide by site procedures
- A medical including drug and alcohol testing is required as part of the recruitment process
- Camp and meals provided
- 2-3 months work
- 7/7 Roster
- ASAP start
WorkPac is Australia’s leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, oil and gas and healthcare sectors. They are proud to partner with some of the country’s leading companies to deliver rewarding career opportunities. WorkPac have over 35 offices throughout Australia, this means you have the flexibility to work anywhere in Australia. Apply for ongoing access to a wide range of temporary and permanent jobs for all skill levels.
Click on the apply button or for more information please contact:
- Melissa Fisher – Recruitment Coordinator
- (07) 3621 2918
NOTE: Did you know that your resume could automatically go into the bin if you don’t format it correctly. Recruiters these days use software to scan your resume for keywords they place in the job ad. This software tried to match up the words in the ad to the words in your resume. If there’s a mismatch – chances are your application will be ignored.
This job for Labourer Excavator Loader Skidsteer 7/7 Rosters will possibly receive a lot of applicants. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.