See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Komatsu Dump Truck Jobs Coppabella
Must have prior experience operating in a mining environment:
- Minimum 12-months operating experience;
- Experience operating Komatsu 830E Electric Trucks or equivalent;
- Dozer D11 and/or Grader;
The qualifications/Certificates required include:
- RII/SSE Signed Competencies
- Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training;
- Coal Board Medical
- Proof of Australian working entitlement (e.g. birth certificate, passport or citizenship)
In return you can expect:
- 7:7 / D:N Roster | 12.5hr shifts;
- Competitive rate of pay | Super paid on all rostered hours worked;
- High potential for permanency direct with client;
- Accommodation (Modern Camp with gym, outdoor recreation areas and convenience store) and meals provided;
- Work for “An Employer of Choice”
One Key Resources, part of the Fircroft Group, is a specialist provider of Managed Workforce and Labour Hire solutions to the Mining, Oil & Gas and Infrastructure Industries. An employer of choice, One Key Resources employs Open Cut and Underground Operators, Tradespeople and Support Staff at close to 100 locations across Australia.
Click Here to download our Expert Guide Becoming a Dump Truck Driver
Komatsu 830E Haul Truck
The Komatsu 830E is an ultra class dump truck used in Australian open pit mining operations an is designed and built in Peoria, Illinois by Komatsu America Corporation (parent company is the Japanese held company Komatsu Ltd.
The Komatsu 830E is a beast, with 231,000 kilogram capacity (255 short tons). Although this is a big truck, the 830E's load capacity is about 66% the capacity of the Liebherr T 282C and Caterpillar 797B.This is an electric truck and is being featured in many new mining operations as well established mines in WA and QLD.
The electric drive system is very different fromt the transmission/differential drive of traditional trucks. The diesel engine is connected to a GE traction alternator with high voltage cables transfering electricity to the two wheel motors at the rear of the truck.
Read more about the KOMATSU 830E mining dump truck on the Komatsu website
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.