This job asks for motivated people. How do you motivate yourself?
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Jumbo Operator long term Development Project
- Attractive hourly rate
- FIFO from Townsville, Brisbane or Cairns
Operating since 1962, The Redpath Group provides technical and operational expertise to the mining industry globally, with a reputation for providing innovative solutions utilizing modern technology.
About the role
Redpath are Seeking highly motivated and experienced Jumbo Operator based at the Cannington Project in North-west Queensland. The position will be FIFO from Townsville, Brisbane or Cairns. working 14/7 roster.
The Jumbo Operator is responsible for the safe operation of the Jumbo, monitoring to ensure the safety of the workers in the face area ensuring that the face remains on design path and report all issues requiring attention or rectification as soon as possible.
- Bolt and bore excavation pattern
- Identify and remedy misfires
- Read and follow plans and instructions
- Interpret ground conditions and install additional support as required
- Assist and providing instruction to other crew members – particularly the offsiders on carrying out the drill and blast operation.
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated extensive experience with operating Jumbo and associated underground equipment (Sandvik or Tamrock)
- Current working at heights ticket
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- A safety approach supporting the client’s motto Safety – First, Last and Always.
An attractive hourly rate is offer for the successful candidate along with the opportunity to sink your teeth into a challenging role where your get hands on experience and expertise are put to use daily.
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
How to apply
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” prompt quoting the reference number 2603-2454-JUM.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities.Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Jumbo Operator Development project Cannington Mine Brisbane