Mining job interview tips
Here’s what’s inside the book
- What essential research you MUST do before the interview
- What to take along with you that will floor the interviewer
- How to focus on the interviewer and show you are interested and attentive
- Impress your interviewer by using 4 simple words
- The type of questions you can ask of the interviewer
- How to answer difficult questions in a confident and effortless manner
- Be well-prepared to answer questions about yourself in a positive way without waffling
- What to say when you’re asked to explain your weaknesses
- How and when to talk about money
- How to do a practice run first
Just add your details and get the book (PDF)
Behavioral interviewing techniques
Behavioral interviewing is a term used to describe the interview questions you could be asked and required to give specific examples on. This type of questioning is used to allow the interviewer to see how you demonstrated a particular skill or competency in a given situation. Interviews based on "behavioral interviewing" are designed around the view that the best way to view your future performance is by analyzing your past performance.
These questions will be structured to seek information relating to, the STAR principle, a proven and successful system used by people who know how to make a good impression at an interview. This e-book covers in detail:
- The situation or task
- The action you took
- The result of your actions
Interview questions & how to answer them
Some interviews can be tough, we've all experienced them and have a story to tell. Being prepared to answer the toughest questions and having the answers roll off your tongue is what we're all looking to achieve. In this e-book you'll find examples of:
- Examples of 'Opening Questions that may be asked:
- Examples of questions related to safety
- Technical & job related questions
- Questions about teamwork and leadership
- How to handle questions related to initiative and responsibility
- Examples of explaining how you performance under pressure... and many more
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.