See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
HSE Advisor†DIDO local region – FIFO ex Perth
ABOUT THE ROLE
Ravensthorpe area is responsible for Site Health and Safety, and completion of Administration duties. The position has become available due to the current incumbent taking leave. The position is ideally residentially based.
HSE Advisor will ensure the day to day safe work practices are implemented and followed as well as completing of the projects’ administrative requirements,practical expertise and solutions to all personnel and contractors involved with the project on HSE matters, risk management and injury management. They will also be required to demonstrate a visible and hands-on approach to safety.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE INCLUSIVE OF,BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Implementation of Piacentini & Son’s HSE Systems, Policies and Procedures.
- Coordination and delivery of internal and external Health, Safety and Environment training.
- Provide support in ensuring compliance with corporate and site standards, as well as legislative requirements by employees and contractors, and alignment with industry best practice.
- Direct hands-on management of any incidents that occur.
- Provision of first aid, injury management and return to work for injured employees.
- Completion of Fitness for Work testing.
- Demonstrative of a proactive approach to HSE issues on site.
- Auditing of internal safety performance and documentation to ensure compliance.
- Reporting on HSE performance.
- Report to key stakeholders and provide strategies for areas of improvement in performance.
- Collection and entry of projects’ daily paperwork.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Tertiary qualification in HSE or Health (ie. OT, Physio, Exc Phys) or relevant industry experience.
- Professional communication both written and verbal.
- Intermediate skills on Microsoft programs.
- Current C Class Drivers’ Licence.
- Authority to work in Australia.
- Ability to obtain a National Police Clearance.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Certificate IV in HSE or Higher.
- Occupational First Aid Qualification.
- Injury management experience or qualification.
- Fitness for Work testing trained.
- ICAM trained.
- Background in earthmoving operations.
NOTE: When you apply for this job [name of job title here], take a look at your current resume and cover letter. Always match the first page of your resume to details of the job. Search the job ad for keywords and add them into your resume because if you don’t, your application may be scanned and rejected before it even gets read by a human.
This job for HSE Advisor will possibly receive a lot of applicants. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.