HSE Advisor DIDO local region – FIFO ex Perth
ABOUT THE ROLE
Ravensthorpe area is responsible for Site Health and Safety, and completion of Administration duties. The position has become available due to the current incumbent taking leave. The position is ideally residentially based.
HSE Advisor will ensure the day to day safe work practices are implemented and followed as well as completing of the projects’ administrative requirements,practical expertise and solutions to all personnel and contractors involved with the project on HSE matters, risk management and injury management. They will also be required to demonstrate a visible and hands-on approach to safety.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE INCLUSIVE OF,BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Implementation of Piacentini & Son’s HSE Systems, Policies and Procedures.
- Coordination and delivery of internal and external Health, Safety and Environment training.
- Provide support in ensuring compliance with corporate and site standards, as well as legislative requirements by employees and contractors, and alignment with industry best practice.
- Direct hands-on management of any incidents that occur.
- Provision of first aid, injury management and return to work for injured employees.
- Completion of Fitness for Work testing.
- Demonstrative of a proactive approach to HSE issues on site.
- Auditing of internal safety performance and documentation to ensure compliance.
- Reporting on HSE performance.
- Report to key stakeholders and provide strategies for areas of improvement in performance.
- Collection and entry of projects’ daily paperwork.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Tertiary qualification in HSE or Health (ie. OT, Physio, Exc Phys) or relevant industry experience.
- Professional communication both written and verbal.
- Intermediate skills on Microsoft programs.
- Current C Class Drivers’ Licence.
- Authority to work in Australia.
- Ability to obtain a National Police Clearance.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Certificate IV in HSE or Higher.
- Occupational First Aid Qualification.
- Injury management experience or qualification.
- Fitness for Work testing trained.
- ICAM trained.
- Background in earthmoving operations.
NOTE: When you apply for this job [name of job title here], take a look at your current resume and cover letter. Always match the first page of your resume to details of the job. Search the job ad for keywords and add them into your resume because if you don’t, your application may be scanned and rejected before it even gets read by a human.
This job for HSE Advisor will possibly receive a lot of applicants. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
Would you like to apply to this job?
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the worldâ€™s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queenslandâ€™s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStarâ„˘
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.