Heavy Duty Fitters Turners Machinist
This position has been filled. Please feel free to apply if you wish to be part of their candidate data base for other similar positions.
- Immediate start
- Opportunity for Full-time employment
- Diverse, dedicated work-shop
- Autonomous position
- Join a dedicated department of 8 specialist trades
- Perth based (North-Eastern Suburbs)
Sure People Solutions proudly represents leading mining equipment services provider, specializing in design, manufacture, & rebuilds of various components for open cut mobile mining equipment.
This company is currently undergoing expansion & seeks long term Heavy Duty Fitters/Turners/Machinist for immediate start, working on the following equipment.
- Haul-Packs Wheel End repairs, maintenance & rebuilds
- Including Custom rebuilds (Komatsu & Caterpillar)
Successful candidates will have:
- Trades Qualification Heavy Duty Mechanical Fitting/Turning
- Experience working on Komatsu or Caterpillar Mobile Mining equipment
- Previous Wheel-end rebuild experience (Trucks, &/or light Diesel vehicles)
- Previous wheel-end rebuilds for Haul-Packs
- Previous machining experience
- Truck brakes, bearings & alignment experience
- Light vehicle mechanical experience (would be well received)
- Current LF (Forklift)
- White Card
- Own tools
- Dedication to first-class workmanship
- Dedication to safe, clean tidy work space
- Easy going, friendly, professional
- Mines health (preferred not a must)
Successful candidates can expect:
- Friendly, clean & busy work place
- Dedicated work space
- Training & career development
- Competitive pay rates + penalties
- Average 50 hour weeks
- Opportunity for full-time employment (After probation)
If you are looking for an opportunity to join a work shop that prides its self on high quality mechanical services long term, are available to start ASAP & have the above skills, abilities & trades experience, they encourage you to apply.
Give yourself every opportunity to get this job. If you are applying, don’t send in your normal resume and cover letter. Make sure your resume is edited to show requirements for this job, or your application could be automatically rejected.
Note: Successful candidates will successful undergo DAS & Pre-employment & are likely to undergo mechanical aptitude tests prior to commencing.
Due to the urgency of this position only shortlisted candidates will be contact via phone for interviews, you must have the right to live & work in WA to be successful.
Click Apply for Heavy Duty Fitters Turners Machinist Perth North Eastern Suburbs
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.