If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Heavy Duty Fitter Perth WA
Heavy Duty Fitter Mining Operations FIFO Perth WA
They are currently seeking an experienced Heavy Duty Fitters for Mt Webber Mining Operations working on a 2:1 roster FIFO form Perth.
Mount Webber is an Iron Ore mine located 250km South-Southeast of Port Hedland for which BGC Contracting manages the mining and ore processing on behalf of Atlas Iron, (the client).
The Heavy Diesel Fitter reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor and will be responsible for mechanical repairs, replacement of mechanical components and tasks as directed.
- Conduct workshop maintenance including diagnosing mechanical faults, overhauling, repairing mechanical parts in mobile plant equipment.
- Studying drawings and specifications to determine suitable material, method and sequence of operations, and machine settings in fluid power equipment.
- Fitting fabricated metal parts into products and assembling metal parts and sub assemblies to produce machines and equipment.
- Checking fabricated and assembled metal parts for accuracy, clearance and fit using precision measuring instruments.
- Cutting, threading, bending and installing hydraulic and pneumatic pipes and lines.
- Erecting machines and equipment on-site.
- Repairing or replacing worn or defective parts, and reassembling mechanical components.
- Maintaining equipment to company and OEM specifications to ensure reliable operation.
- Conducting workshop maintenance and maintaining high housekeeping standards in work areas.
- Diagnosing and repairing machines/equipment in both a workshop and field environment.
- Diagnose and repair electrical systems when required.
The Applicants should have
- Minimum 2 years of experience in mechanical fault finding, component change out, servicing and maintaining Surface Mining Equipment and Ancillary Mining Equipment.
- Ability to understand and interpret OEM manuals and hydraulic/ pneumatic.
- Ability to work in extreme conditions in accordance with BGC Contracting Fatigue management policies.
- Current drivers license HR class
Successful candidates should display a commitment to safety and the environment, teamwork, self-motivation and pride/ownership of plant and equipment
Would you like to Apply?
If you would like to be a part of this exciting new project and believe that you meet all the requirements please click to apply.Click Apply for Heavy Duty Fitter Mining Operations FIFO Perth WA