If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Mackay & Coalfields, Queensland location.
This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Diesel Mechanics / HD Plant Mechanics – Site based – QLD
- Diesel Trade Qualifications and previous experience required
- STD 11 essential
- Coppabella Mine site
- Permanent roles also available
The BTP Group is a subsidiary of Ausdrill Ltd, and is one of Australia’s leading suppliers of machinery parts and equipment to the mining and earth-moving industries, nationwide.
BTP based in Mackay currently require suitably qualified and experienced Diesel Fitters / Plant Mechanics to join site-based teams in Bowen Basin area on a long-term (12 mths) casual basis.
These roles are based at Coppabella mine site and are 7 on 7 off rosters. You will be expected to safely carry out servicing, maintenance and repairs on a variety of mainly CAT heavy equipment.
To be considered for these roles applicants are required to have:
- Ability to drive and promote safety
- HD Trade Qualifications – minimum Trade Cert (Please note this is not a Cert III)
- Ideally 3-5yrs post trade experience
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training
- Ideally experience in electrical and hydraulic fault finding
- Experience working with ET and SIS programs
- HR License preferred
Basic Dogging and Rigging, Working at heights, Forklift and Crane tickets would be an advantage.
- Very competitive – $60/hr
- Long-term casual role – 12 mths
- The opportunity to work with like-minded, safety conscious people.
Successful applicants will be required to complete and pass fit for work medicals, drugs and alcohol test, complete company and client induction requirements.
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
Apply for Diesel Mechanics / HD Plant Mechanics Position
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Heavy Duty Diesel Plant Mechanics Coppabella Mine Bowen Basin
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list