If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Heavy Duty Diesel fitter – Port Hedland
Heavy Duty Diesel Fitter Mining Maintenance Kalgoorlie WA
Qube is an ASX top 100 company and one of Australia’s largest integrated providers of import and export logistics services. They operate in over 100 locations across Australia and New Zealand with a workforce in excess of 6,500 people.
Qube Bulk counts as its customers some of the best known and leading mining and resources companies in Australia and has won a reputation for providing a cost effective, reliable and quality service to our customers.
This role is responsible for the service, inspection and repair of QUBE mobile machinery. This role requires a minimum of at least two years’ experience working in the heavy/medium vehicle industry. A strong Heavy Duty Diesel Fitter skill coupled with an ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels are important, as are sound planning and organisation skills.
A sound understanding and working knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health Regulations, Western Australia Main roads legislation and Chain of Responsibility obligations is desirable. The Heavy Duty Diesel Fitter will also be required to use their own initiative and apply a deductive approach when maintaining productivity and cost effectiveness.
These positions are locally based for people in the Port Hedland area or nearby. A relocation package is available for qualified applicants who are willing to relocate. Alternatively, FIFO is available on a 2/1 roster ex Perth.
- Carry out truck and trailer scheduled servicing, maintenance and inspections
- Maintain fleet paper trail on servicing, maintenance and repairs
- Carry out repairs as directed and parts change outs
- Attend fleet roadside breakdowns
- Communicate effectively with drivers and plant operators
- Order parts using order numbers and listed suppliers
- Maintenance of company vehicles and mechanical aids
- maintenance schedule and operating manuals/procedures..
- Identify and record deficiencies relating to products and services.
Qualifications and Experience
- Mechanical Trade Certification.
- Experience working with Heavy Duty Diesel Equipment
- Experience in a heavy industry transport or mining environment
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to work safely in a regulated environment
Qube values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
How to apply
If you would like the opportunity to join one of the fastest growing Ports, Transport and Logistics companies in Australia then apply for this great role todayApply for Experienced Heavy Duty Diesel Fitter Mining Maintenance Kalgoorlie WA