Heavy Diesel Fitters Mining Maintenance
Vortex Mining Maintenance is a locally owned company in the Bowen Basin. We have built a reputation as a reliable provider of Quality Field Service & Labour Hire with talented and skilled employees who understand the value of performing high quality work.
Vortex Mining Maintenance are seeking highly motivated Heavy Diesel Fitters DIDO/FIFO throughout the Bowen Basin with an Immediate start. Tool bag and field service roles available working at various mine sites.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Maintaining diesel mining equipment by completing inspections; preventive maintenance/servicing; Mid and full life rebuilds and general repairs
- Keeping records and completing reports
- Knowledge of Mechanical Workshop operations and associated equipment
- Knowledge of standards and regulations associated with the mechanical workshop plant and fleet
- Knowledge in the latest technology relating to a mechanical workshop, plant and fleet
- Good knowledge of CAT equipment, electronic diesel engines, hydraulics
Skills and experience
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- A proactive approach to work tasks, capable of recognizing problems/ issues, analyze, formulate and implement appropriate solutions
- A Highly Motivated “can do” attitude with attention to detail
- An ability to work as part of a team and unsupervised
- A Dedication to maintaining safe work practices
- Strong Communication skills
- Reliable, punctual, self-motivated
Experience and Qualifications required:
- Certificate III in Engineering (Diesel Fitting) or Equivalent
- Light Vehicle Mechanic/Auto Electrician
- Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training* (a bonus but not essential)
- Coal Board Medical (a bonus but not essential)
- 3 to 5 Years Experience post-trade experience
- Immediate Start Available
Job benefits and perks
- Meals and Accommodation supplied whilst on site
- Super paid on all hours worked
- Long Term work
If you feel you have the required skills and are looking to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
How to apply
If you wish to apply please apply via the seek apply button! Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Heavy Diesel Fitters Mining Maintenance Mine sites Bowen Basin
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.