If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
This job asks for motivated people. How do you motivate yourself?
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Heavy Diesel Fitters Mining Maintenance
Vortex Mining Maintenance is a locally owned company in the Bowen Basin. We have built a reputation as a reliable provider of Quality Field Service & Labour Hire with talented and skilled employees who understand the value of performing high quality work.
Vortex Mining Maintenance are seeking highly motivated Heavy Diesel Fitters DIDO/FIFO throughout the Bowen Basin with an Immediate start. Tool bag and field service roles available working at various mine sites.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Maintaining diesel mining equipment by completing inspections; preventive maintenance/servicing; Mid and full life rebuilds and general repairs
- Keeping records and completing reports
- Knowledge of Mechanical Workshop operations and associated equipment
- Knowledge of standards and regulations associated with the mechanical workshop plant and fleet
- Knowledge in the latest technology relating to a mechanical workshop, plant and fleet
- Good knowledge of CAT equipment, electronic diesel engines, hydraulics
Skills and experience
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- A proactive approach to work tasks, capable of recognizing problems/ issues, analyze, formulate and implement appropriate solutions
- A Highly Motivated “can do” attitude with attention to detail
- An ability to work as part of a team and unsupervised
- A Dedication to maintaining safe work practices
- Strong Communication skills
- Reliable, punctual, self-motivated
Experience and Qualifications required:
- Certificate III in Engineering (Diesel Fitting) or Equivalent
- Light Vehicle Mechanic/Auto Electrician
- Standard 11 Induction Training (a bonus but not essential)
- Coal Board Medical (a bonus but not essential)
- 3 to 5 Years Experience post-trade experience
- Immediate Start Available
Job benefits and perks
- Meals and Accommodation supplied whilst on site
- Super paid on all hours worked
- Long Term work
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
How to apply
If you wish to apply please apply via the seek apply button! Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Heavy Diesel Fitters Mining Maintenance Mine sites Bowen Basin
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list