Heavy Diesel Fitters Mining Job Maintenance
Vortex Mining Maintenance is a locally owned company in the Bowen Basin.They have built a reputation as a reliable provider of Quality Field Service & Labour Hire with talented and skilled employees who understand the value of performing high quality work.
Vortex Mining Maintenance are seeking highly motivated Heavy Diesel Fitters DIDO/FIFO throughout the Bowen Basin with an Immediate start.
Tool bag and field service rolls available working at various mine sites.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Maintaining diesel mining equipment by completing inspections; preventive maintenance/servicing; Mid and full life rebuilds and general repairs
- Keeping records and completing reports
- Knowledge of Mechanical Workshop operations and associated equipment
- Knowledge of standards and regulations associated with the mechanical workshop plant and fleet
- Knowledge in the latest technology relating to a mechanical workshop, plant and fleet
- Good knowledge of CAT equipment, electronic diesel engines, hydraulics
Skills and experience
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- A proactive approach to work tasks, capable of recognizing problems/issues, analyze, formulate and implement appropriate solutions
- A Highly Motivated, “can do” attitude with attention to detail
- An ability to work as part of a team and unsupervised
- A Dedication to maintaining safe work practices
- Strong Communication skills
- Reliable, punctual, self-motivated
Experience and Qualifications required:
- Certificate III in Engineering (Diesel Fitting) or Equivalent
- Light Vehicle Mechanic/ Auto Electrician looking to dual Trade
- BMA Induction/Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training* (a bonus but not essential)
- Coal Board Medical ...*Coal Board Medical*
- Mine Site Specific Inductions (a bonus but not essential)
- 3 to 5 Years Experience as a Diesel Mechanic
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
Would you like to apply?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*.Click Apply for Heavy Diesel Fitters Mining Maintenance – Bowen Basin