You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure that this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Heavy Diesel Fitters – Dawson Mine Workshop
Site Experienced Heavy Diesel Fitters
At the Haynes Group they have had significant success in forming preferred supplier arrangements.Client is seeking to employ experienced trade qualified Heavy Diesel Fitters with CAT 797 knowledge for roles at Dawson Mine Site located 140 km southwest of Gladstone in the Bowen Basin.
Candidates with experience in the maintenance, servicing and rebuild repair of mobile heavy equipment are encouraged to apply.
To be successful in the role they will need:
- Be available to work a lifestyle roster minimum of 10 -12 hour shifts, overtime is available.
- Be available to work shifts of rotating days and nights
- Suitability qualified Heavy Diesel Fitters with minimum 2 years experience
- Demonstrated product knowledge on varied heavy mobile equipment on CATERPILLAR will be highly regarded with Dozers, Graders or Trucks
- Applicants with an excellent work ethic, a strong focus on safety along with a high degree of dependability, reliability and dedication to providing quality workmanship.
To be considered we will need:
- Minimum of 2 years post trade demonstrated experience working on CATERPILLAR equipment from 797F Trucks, D10 & D11
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training and Coal Board Medical
- Resume and 2 contactable work referees
- Drivers License and Passport/Birth Certificate
- This a site based role and would suit applicants living in the Bowen Basin including Rockhampton and Gladstone districts
- WAH, Confined Space, EWP etc. are highly regarded
This role offers:
- Competitive hourly rates
- Weekly pays and superannuation
- Accommodation is provided
- Lifestyle Roster – (Days one block, Nights the next block)
* Please note, progressing candidates will be required to undergo a pre employment medical and drug and alcohol test before commencement on site.
The Haynes Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and encourages female and Indigenous Australian candidates to apply for roles for which they are suitably qualified.
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
Would you like to apply?
If you believe you have the required skills and experience to take on this exciting opportunity then we strongly encourage you to apply.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Heavy Diesel Fitters Dawson Mining Maintenance Bowen Basin
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list