See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Heavy Diesel Fitter Mobile Maintenance
New Century Resources is Australia’s leading, economic mine site rehabilitation company. They will use metallurgical expertise and environmental management competency to restart operations at the Century Mine in North West Queensland, delivering a long term economic rehabilitation for the mine.
At New Century Resources, they rely on the spirit of innovation, courage and ingenuity displayed by people to achieve world class outcomes.
An excellent opportunity now exits for a Heavy Diesel Fitter to join the team. This position will be offered on a FIFO 16/12 roster (point of hire Cairns/Queensland).
This position will be responsible for:
- Responding to Mechanical breakdowns on site.
- Diagnosis of faults to all Mobile Equipment’s Mechanical, Hydraulic and Electrical systems.
- Repair and Maintenance of site dewatering pumps.
- Carry out Preventative Maintenance works on all site Mobile fleet and Dewatering pumps.
- Scoping up maintenance/repairs and providing accurate timeframes/parts lists to complete.
- Air-conditioning diagnosis and repairs to site Mobile fleet.
- Assisting other Site Services team members when required for non-mechanical tasks.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure all servicing and maintenance work performed meets the relevant regulatory and site requirements.
- Ensure all scheduled work is completed to meet the maintenance schedule.
- Ensure all unscheduled work is completed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure work and service records details are recorded.
- Ensure all completed work service records are processed in a timely manner.
- Provide effective and timely feedback to the Supervisor/Planning team on issues relating to personnel or plant.
- Promote continuous improvement culture within teams and advise of any opportunities identified.
Applicants will possess the following experience and qualifications:
- Required 5 – 10 years’ experience in mobile mining fleet maintenance.
- Prior remote site working experience.
- Demonstrated ability to schedule multiple activities and priority setting.
- Previous experience on Caterpillar Machinery and Dewatering Pump units including Electronic Technician (ET).
- Diesel Fitter Trade Certificate.
- Current First Aid Certificate (including CPR.)
- Automotive Refrigeration Ticket.
- Forklift, EWP and Dogger Certification.
- Current C Class Drivers Licence.
- Non-slew Crane (Desirable).
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate together with a Short Term Incentive. For more information on New Century Resources please refer to website: www.newcenturyresources.com
They welcome your interest in joining the team! Please apply on line at “apply for this job” link.
Please upload resume in word document only. Applicants should be aware that with Cairns as the point of hire, the candidate will need to get themselves to Cairns. Salary packaging of FIFO flights is available.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
If the above role appeals to you APPLY today!
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Heavy Diesel Fitter Mobile Mechanical Maintenance QLD