If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
HD Fitter Mining Jobs QLD
Excellent Pay + Accommodation & Meals Provided
Stellar Recruitment are searching to hire HD Fitters for work out in Northern QLD.
- Global Mining Service Provider
- Transport, accommodation and meals provided
- Attractive remuneration with permanent opportunities available
About the Role:
As the successful candidate, your role as a Diesel Fitter will see you providing preventative maintenance and repairs to CAT and Hitachi earthmoving equipment. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be an integral part of a highly collaborative team and have a strong results orientated disposition, with a focus on delivering high quality to optimise site productivity.
- Carrying out the required servicing, repairs and maintenance on large scale mobile mining equipment (CAT and Hitachi).
- Completing any required maintenance, breakdowns, component changes and services as directed to a high standard.
- Safety focused individual who has a strong work ethic and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Passionate about quality of work and has a high attention to detail.
- Contributing to high housekeeping standards.
- Ensure all requirements of the site at met to maximise productivity and equipment utilisation.
Skills & Experience:
- Certificate III Heavy Diesel Fitting or equivalent qualifications
- Proven and demonstrated history working on large scale CAT and Hitachi mobile mining equipment including but not limited to CAT 789 dump trucks & Hitachi EX3500 excavators
- Coal Board Medical
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training
- Long term contract
- Temp to perm opportunities
- Attractive hourly rate plus super contribution
- Buses from Townsville provided to camp
- Accommodation and meals provided
About the Company:
Stellar Recruitment are have partnered with a reputable mining client who has a focus on employing the best people to offer a variety of opportunities to learn, grow and advance. With a commitment to high performance, culture and working with integrity, their employees are encouraged to give it their all.
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about salaries, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player
Caterpillar Haul truck 789
The Caterpillar 789 dump truck is typically used in open pit mining. The 789 has a capacity of 177 tonnes, and its engine can produce 1770 horsepower.
There are hundreds of CAT 789 dump trucks on various mine sites in Australia; working hard in open-cut coal mines as well as hauling raw iron ore dirt across the open, dusty mine sites of Western Australia.
Read more about the CAT 789 mining dump truck on our website.
Komatsu 830E Haul Truck
The Komatsu 830E is an ultra class dump truck used in Australian open pit mining operations an is designed and built in Peoria, Illinois by Komatsu America Corporation (parent company is the Japanese held company Komatsu Ltd.
The Komatsu 830E is a beast, with 231,000 kilogram capacity (255 short tons). Although this is a big truck, the 830E's load capacity is about 66% the capacity of the Liebherr T 282C and Caterpillar 797B.This is an electric truck and is being featured in many new mining operations as well established mines in WA and QLD.
The electric drive system is very different fromt the transmission/differential drive of traditional trucks. The diesel engine is connected to a GE traction alternator with high voltage cables transfering electricity to the two wheel motors at the rear of the truck.
Read more about the KOMATSU 830E mining dump truck on the Komatsu website