See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Geotechnical Mining – Underground Coal QLD
Geotechnical Underground Coal Mining Central Queensland
Alchemy Recruitment Consulting is proud to be partnered with a leader in the Australian coal mining industry in their search for a Geotechnical Engineer for an underground coal mine in Central Queensland.
As a global leader in the mining industry their client offers a great place for you to develop and grow. You will be given opportunities and training for you to challenge yourself and forge the career that suits you. With multiple operations and a strong project pipeline even in this market they offer a secure and stable working environment. Client grows people and grows careers. Additionally, they offer remuneration packages that are hard to beat.
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager and forming a critical part of the support services team this role of Geotechnical Engineer is primarily responsible for providing engineering expertise to underground coal operations in geotechnical engineering, ensuring a safe working environment is provided for workers.
Specific duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Maintain and improve rock mass classification databases and procedures
- Assist with geological and hazard mapping
- Collect and analyze quality control and ground control monitoring data
- Communicate and monitor the effectiveness of implementation of ground control designs
- Monitor the effectiveness of implementation of quality assurance and control standards
To be considered for this role you must have relevant tertiary qualifications coupled with previous experience working as a Geotechnical Engineer in an underground coal mining environment. Proficiency with relevant software is expected.
This role offers many benefits for the successful applicant including:
- A great lifestyle on the coast, FIFO from Brisbane or residential in a well-established mining town
- An attractive remuneration package
- Job security and stability
Alchemy Recruitment Consulting has been specifically engaged to source candidates for this position. They will not release details to their client without prior discussion and your explicit consent
NOTE: Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.