G2 Risk Management Training Online
Carry out Risk Management Processes in coal and metalliferous mining operations
Book your course online – Only $495 – Start today
RIIRIS402D – Carry out the Risk Management Processes
You’ll learn the skills and knowledge required to carry out risk management processes in the coal and metalliferous mining industries. This course is exactly what you need under your belt to become a greater asset to your employer. With these skills, employers place more confidence in you to make sure the work site is as safe as it can be.
This is a nationally accredited and recognised qualification and is looked up on as the standard in areas of Risk Management and can be completed online within a few days.
This is the qualification you need to become proficient in areas of risk management in a mining environment and is a stepping stone into a supervisory or management role.
Complete this course online in 2-3 days
As we said before, this course can be completed quickly online. You need to do this because recruiters and employers tend to favour people who can demonstrate an understanding of risk and in the workplace.
There is a continuing trend to hire specialist people who can manage teams and provide working in a safe environment.
As mining companies and contractors strive for zero harm environments, having this qualification could boost your opportunities when applying for jobs.
What You’ll Learn
This highly interactive online course covers the following;
- Determining the risk management process
- Access, interpret and apply compliance documentation relevant to carry out risk management processes
- Identify and determine the process to be used for risk management
- Identify, develop and document parameters of the risk assessment task
- Access, interpret and apply the data required to complete the risk assessment task
- Identify hazards
- Identify and confirm types of potential hazards by reference to site circumstances, history and/or precedence
- Break process into steps or parts for detailed hazard identification
- Add to the defined process any potential variations from changes to work practices, systems or technology
- Analyse the steps or parts of the process, and identify and document loss scenarios
- Assess Risk
- Determine the likelihood of the loss scenario
- Analyse and determine the consequence if the loss scenario should occur
- Determine the risk level of the loss scenario
- Identify unacceptable risk
- Source or determine site criteria for assessing the acceptability of risks in conjunction with the appropriate party
- Determine the risk level or score by the application of the approved site criteria
- Clarify findings which are ambiguous, unclear or of doubtful accuracy by seeking expert advice
- Review implementation of action
- Identify existing controls
- Identify, analyse and document the range of risk controls which may be appropriate for identified unacceptable risks
- Identify possible options for risk control by the use of the hierarchy of controls, considering the potential for operational effectiveness
- Verify feasible options for risk control by preliminary analysis and consideration, including potential to provide an integrated response to the range of issues
- Decide on the action to be taken
- Select most appropriate risk controls for the situation from the feasible options
- Confirm the selected course of action following analysis of resource requirements, cost, safety and welfare issues within site constraints
- Document the selected course of action
- Implement or facilitate action
- Implement directly, or facilitate through others, the course of action
- Observe and apply all safety regulations and procedure
- Communicate to all involved parties relevant information related to the new/revised work procedures and their implementation in accordance with site requirements
- Review the implementation of action
- Determine and facilitate an ongoing review process to ensure implementation and application of risk controls in accordance with risk assessment outcomes, new or revised work procedures and accident investigation outcomes
- Review process, actions and controls to ensure continuing effectiveness in the changing work environment.
- Respond to, or refer to the appropriate party for follow-up action, anomalies and shortcomings identified during the review process
- Audit the risk management process
- Conduct audits of risk management processes and work procedures to ensure compliance and effectiveness
- Respond to changed requirements identified during audits in a systematic and timely manner
- Complete and retain all risk management documentation covering the reason for, and changes made
- Complete records and report
- Produce, process and maintain all risk management documentation and reports
G2 Risk Management RIIRIS402D Course Outcomes
- Knowledgeable of the requirements, procedures and instructions to carry out the risk management processes
- Be competent in the implementation of appropriate procedures and techniques for the safe, effective and efficient carrying out of risk management processes
- Have the ability to work with others to plan, prepare and conduct risk management processes in a mining or non-mining environment
- Provide clear and timely instruction and supervision of people involved in carrying out the risk management processes
Previous experience in the mining and resources industry would be beneficial, however it is not compulsory.
- Have sound reading and writing skills in English and the ability to read and understand information from a variety of sources
- Are able to apply technical literacy and communicate sufficiently to interpret and apply common industry terminology, and interpret work procedures and processes
- Have a range of communication strategies to communicate effectively with people at all levels of an organisation
- Be able to question and listen actively, e.g. when obtaining information of technical working practices
- Are able to write effectively to allow report writing
- Have organisational and time management skills to sequence tasks and meet timelines.
Ideally, you will have access to a workplace or have experience of a workplace in the resources and infrastructure industry.
G2 Risk Management: Online
Call (07) 5520 2522
Save $$$ on completing the Supervisor and Risk Management combination course
Phone (07) 5520 2522 for details.
As iMINCO is an information provider and not an RTO, we utilise the extensive training and industry experience of PARASOL (NPN: 2551).