G2 Risk Management Online Training
Carry out risk management processes across coal and metalliferous mining operations
Book online for instant access
G2 Risk Management :RIIRIS402D – Carry out the Risk Management Processes
TheG2 Risk Management course covers the skills and knowledge required to carry out risk management processes in the coal and metalliferous mining industries for those wishing to consolidate their qualifications in the area of risk management or enhance their mining career opportunities in a more managerial capacity.
More and more job recruiters are looking for people who have a range of additional qualifications to their name. As mining companies and contractors strive for zero harm environments, people who have this qualification increase their job prospects significantly.
The units of competency in the G2 course are suited to those working in the mining and resource industry in a capacity as a supervisor or current employees who are considering a move into a supervisory role within metalliferous mining, coal mining, LNG projects, extractive industries, logistics, maintenance, drilling and mining exploration.
This highly interactive course covers the following units:
- Determining the risk management process
- Access, interpret and apply compliance documentation relevant to carry out risk management processes
- Identify and determine the process to be used for risk management
- Identify, develop and document parameters of the risk assessment task
- Access, interpret and apply the data required to complete the risk assessment task
- Identify hazards
- Identify and confirm types of potential hazards by reference to site circumstances, history and/or precedence
- Break process into steps or parts for detailed hazard identification
- Add to the defined process any potential variations from changes to work practices, systems or technology
- Analyse the steps or parts of the process, and identify and document loss scenarios
- Assess Risk
- Determine the likelihood of the loss scenario
- Analyse and determine the consequence if the loss scenario should occur
- Determine the risk level of the loss scenario
- Identify unacceptable risk
- Source or determine site criteria for assessing the acceptability of risks in conjunction with the appropriate party
- Determine the risk level or score by the application of the approved site criteria
- Clarify findings which are ambiguous, unclear or of doubtful accuracy by seeking expert advice
- Review implementation of action
- Identify existing controls
- Identify, analyse and document the range of risk controls which may be appropriate for identified unacceptable risks
- Identify possible options for risk control by the use of the hierarchy of controls, considering the potential for operational effectiveness
- Verify feasible options for risk control by preliminary analysis and consideration, including potential to provide an integrated response to the range of issues
- Decide on the action to be taken
- Select most appropriate risk controls for the situation from the feasible options
- Confirm the selected course of action following analysis of resource requirements, cost, safety and welfare issues within site constraints
- Document the selected course of action
- Implement or facilitate action
- Implement directly, or facilitate through others, the course of action
- Observe and apply all safety regulations and procedure
- Communicate to all involved parties relevant information related to the new/revised work procedures and their implementation in accordance with site requirements
- Review the implementation of action
- Determine and facilitate an ongoing review process to ensure implementation and application of risk controls in accordance with risk assessment outcomes, new or revised work procedures and accident investigation outcomes
- Review process, actions and controls to ensure continuing effectiveness in the changing work environment.
- Respond to, or refer to the appropriate party for follow-up action, anomalies and shortcomings identified during the review process
- Audit the risk management process
- Conduct audits of risk management processes and work procedures to ensure compliance and effectiveness
- Respond to changed requirements identified during audits in a systematic and timely manner
- Complete and retain all risk management documentation covering the reason for, and changes made
- Complete records and report
- Produce, process and maintain all risk management documentation and reports
G2 Risk Management RIIRIS402D Course Outcomes
- Knowledgeable of the requirements, procedures and instructions to carry out the risk management processes
- Be competent in the implementation of appropriate procedures and techniques for the safe, effective and efficient carrying out of risk management processes
- Have the ability to work with others to plan, prepare and conduct risk management processes in a mining or non-mining environment
- Provide clear and timely instruction and supervision of people involved in carrying out the risk management processes
Previous experience in the mining and resources industry would be beneficial, however it is not compulsory.
- Have sound reading and writing skills in English and the ability to read and understand information from a variety of sources
- Are able to apply technical literacy and communicate sufficiently to interpret and apply common industry terminology, and interpret work procedures and processes
- Have a range of communication strategies to communicate effectively with people at all levels of an organisation
- Be able to question and listen actively, e.g. when obtaining information of technical working practices
- Are able to write effectively to allow report writing
- Have organisational and time management skills to sequence tasks and meet timelines.
Ideally, you will have access to a workplace or have experience of a workplace in the resources and infrastructure industry.
G2 Risk Management: Online
Call (07) 5520 2522
Save $$$ on completing the Supervisor and Risk Management combination course
Phone (07) 5520 2522 for details.
As iMINCO is an information provider and not an RTO, we utilise the extensive training and industry experience of PARASOL (NPN: 2551).