G2 Risk Management Training Online
Carry out Risk Management Processes in coal and metalliferous mining operations
Get started today – Only $495
RIIRIS402D – Carry out the Risk Management Processes
This is an online course you can complete in a few days.
G2 Risk Management RIIRIS402D Course Outcomes
- Knowledgeable of the requirements, procedures and instructions to carry out the risk management processes.
- Be competent in the implementation of appropriate procedures and techniques for the safe, effective and efficient carrying out of risk management processes.
- Have the ability to work with others to plan, prepare and conduct risk management processes in a mining or non-mining environment.
- Provide clear and timely instruction and supervision of people involved in carrying out the risk management processes.
G2 Risk Management: Online
Price: $495 (fill out the form to get started)
No matter where you live, whether it is Brisbane, Mckay, Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Perth, Cairns etc – you can now gain the essential risk management qualification in a few days.
The G2 RIIRIS402D – Carry out the Risk Management Processes training course is an essential qualification for existing Supervisors who hold the G1, G8, G( (S1,2,3). As a worker in the Coal and Metalliferous mining industries, the G2 is now being viewed as a requirement by Mining Safety & Health Advisory Committees.
What You’ll Learn
This highly interactive online course covers the following;
Determining the risk management process
- Access, interpret and apply compliance documentation relevant to carry out risk management processes
- Identify and determine the process to be used for risk management
- Identify, develop and document parameters of the risk assessment task
- Access, interpret and apply the data required to complete the risk assessment task
- Identify and confirm types of potential hazards by reference to site circumstances, history and/or precedence
- Break process into steps or parts for detailed hazard identification
- Add to the defined process any potential variations from changes to work practices, systems or technology
- Analyse the steps or parts of the process, and identify and document loss scenarios
- Determine the likelihood of the loss scenario
- Analyse and determine the consequence if the loss scenario should occur
- Determine the risk level of the loss scenario
Identify unacceptable risk
- Source or determine site criteria for assessing the acceptability of risks in conjunction with the appropriate party
- Determine the risk level or score by the application of the approved site criteria
- Clarify findings which are ambiguous, unclear or of doubtful accuracy by seeking expert advice
Review implementation of action
- Identify existing controls
- Identify, analyse and document the range of risk controls which may be appropriate for identified unacceptable risks
- Identify possible options for risk control by the use of the hierarchy of controls, considering the potential for operational effectiveness
- Verify feasible options for risk control by preliminary analysis and consideration, including potential to provide an integrated response to the range of issues
Decide on the action to be taken
- Select most appropriate risk controls for the situation from the feasible options
- Confirm the selected course of action following analysis of resource requirements, cost, safety and welfare issues within site constraints
- Document the selected course of action
Implement or facilitate action
- Implement directly, or facilitate through others, the course of action
- Observe and apply all safety regulations and procedure
- Communicate to all involved parties relevant information related to the new/revised work procedures and their implementation in accordance with site requirements
Review the implementation of action
- Determine and facilitate an ongoing review process to ensure implementation and application of risk controls in accordance with risk assessment outcomes, new or revised work procedures and accident investigation outcomes
- Review process, actions and controls to ensure continuing effectiveness in the changing work environment.
- Respond to, or refer to the appropriate party for follow-up action, anomalies and shortcomings identified during the review process
Audit the risk management process
- Conduct audits of risk management processes and work procedures to ensure compliance and effectiveness
- Respond to changed requirements identified during audits in a systematic and timely manner
- Complete and retain all risk management documentation covering the reason for, and changes made
Complete records and report
- Produce, process and maintain all risk management documentation and reports
This is the qualification you need to become proficient in areas of risk management in a mining environment and is a stepping stone into a supervisory or management role. Upon completion of the training, you will have the essential skills and knowledge to carry out the risk management process as detailed in the 1999 Mining and Quarrying Safety and Health Act and Coal Mining Safety & Health Act.
Complete this course online in 2-3 days
This course can be completed online. Everything you need is included in the course. Although it is an online course, you can download the materials and learn offline.
As mining companies and contractors strive for zero harm environments, having this qualification could boost your opportunities when applying for jobs.
Previous experience in the mining and resources industry would be helpful – although not essential.
- Have good reading and writing skills in English and be able to read and understand information from a different sources
- Be comfortable communicating effectively with people at all levels of the organisation
Ideally, you will have access to a workplace or have experience of a workplace in the resources and infrastructure industry.
Book this course
Call 0401 560 594
As iMINCO is an information provider and not an RTO, we utilise the extensive training and industry experience of PARASOL (NPN: 2551).