Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Fixed Plant Underground Mining Maintenance Planner
Tanami Operations, 540km north-west of Alice Springs, are on Aboriginal freehold land, in the NT’s remote Tanami Desert. A fully equipped 1000-bed village, 40km from the mine, offers modern leisure facilities to the workforce who FIFO direct from Perth, Darwin and Alice Springs ONLY.
Newmont Tanami Operations proudly acted as a Gold sponsor for the Women in Resources Northern Territory Awards for 2015/2016. In 2015 the Company and its employees have been rewarded the Northern Territory Diversity Champion (Mine Manager), and Newmont Women Network Tanami (NWNT) won an award for Excellence in Diversity Programs and Performance.
They are seeking to increase the diversity within Maintenance Team to improve equal opportunity outcomes for employees, and therefore they encourage female applicants and/or people from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent to apply.
Reporting to the Fixed Plant Maintenance Superintendent, the Fixed Plant Maintenance Planner is responsible for providing the Fixed Plant Maintenance department with an accurate and comprehensive maintenance plan based on the defined maintenance strategy which meets production utilization requirements.
The role is based in Tanami and offers an 8/6 FIFO roster from Perth, Darwin & Alice Springs ONLY.
Duties Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Produce maintenance plans, based on the existing maintenance strategies and schedule parts and resources required to complete the tasks for all Underground and Surface based maintenance for the Department, including 12 Weekly Major Maintenance Plan (updated 4 weekly) and Weekly Maintenance Plan
- Efficiently manage the backlog of maintenance jobs.
- Be responsible for planning all jobs in detail prior to scheduling in the Weekly Plan.
- In conjunction with Supervisors develop plans for emergency (unscheduled) work, for immediate execution.
- Oversee the accurate and timely collection of maintenance performance data and history.
- Prepare maintenance performance statistics for daily and weekly review by Maintenance Management team
- Conduct analysis of reasons/causes of shortfalls to plan and make recommendations to Maintenance Management team of actions to close gaps
- Facilitate Maintenance daily and weekly review meetings
- Be part of the team deployed to review and update the maintenance strategy for Mining Department assets
- Provide additional information with planned work orders, e.g. SOP, JHA’s and Work Instructions.
- Previous experience in Fixed Plant maintenance.
- Previous experience as a Maintenance Planner.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, software preferable)
- Previous experience in SAP.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to continually review current practices and suggest improvements.
- Good communication and team work skills essential.
To be considered for these roles, you must be able to meet the site access requirements by having a current drivers license, passing a police clearance and pre employment medical.
Newmont is an Equal Opportunity Employer that operates globally to a common set of safety, environmental and community relation standards that define expected performance for operating sites. Maintaining high standards for all of Newmont’s operations and measuring performance against those global standards is an integral part of current business practice and long term goals. Newmont is a diverse and inclusive culture where all people can achieve and contribute to their greatest potential.
Newmont Mining encourages workplace diversity. Females and applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. As part of their commitment with the Traditional Owners they also encourage applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent. Newmont acknowledges Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.
There employees enjoy a competitive salary package including free private health insurance and an annual bonus scheme. Not only will you work in a dynamic and collaborative environment but you will also benefit from the opportunities that only a global company can offer.
NOTE: Did you know that your resume could automatically go into the bin if you don’t format it correctly. Recruiters these days use software to scan your resume for keywords they place in the job ad. This software tried to match up the words in the ad to the words in your resume. If there’s a mismatch – chances are your application will be ignored.
How to apply
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Fixed Plant Underground Mining Maintenance Planner FIFO Tanami