Fixed Plant Electrician Fitter Mechanic QLD
CuDECO Limited owns and operates the 3.0Mtpa Rocklands Copper Mine situated near the town of Cloncurry, 121kms east of Mt Isa in N.W. Queensland. CuDECO prides itself in being a regional employer of choice that supports the local community.
Recruitment is presently being conducted for the position of Electrical Fitter Mechanic (Fixed Plant).
The Fixed Plant Electrical Fitter Mechanic role is a fast paced and varied working area involved in all electrical work for the project and is accountable for ensuring working within the guidelines of CuDECO’s Health and Safety Management System and compliance with Electrical Standards, Government Regulations, and the Mining and Quarrying Safety and Health Act 1999 QLD.
The main duties of the Fixed Plant Electrical Fitter Mechanic include but are not limited to:
- Repairs, replaces, installs, commissions and services electrical and electronic control system units on site.
- Assist in scoping electrical maintenance projects and provides technical support for long duration maintenance tasks.
- Conduct regular inspections of work area/plant to identify hazards, damage and defects.
- Diagnose faults and breakdowns.
- Work closely with various members of the team to effectively conduct electrical work to minimize site disruptions and power losses to the Process Plant and site.
- Complete works in association with company procedures and work instructions for the Process Plant and site.
- Provide training and support to Apprentices (if required).
- Conduct incident and hazard reporting, Job Safety Environmental Analysis, attend/coordinate safety meetings, attend pre-shift information meetings.
To be successful for the role of Fixed Plant Electrician you must have:
- Minimum – Electrical Mechanic trade qualification
- Current Queensland Electrical License.
- Current unencumbered C Class Australian Drivers License.
- Current LVR/ CPR (Within 12 months).
- 3+ years mine site fixed plant electrical experience.
- Proven experience performing preventive maintenance on process equipment.
- Sound knowledge of HV installations.
- Proven abilities in all aspects of managing and running electrical operations at a mine site, with exposure to:
- Preventative Maintenance.
- Strong communication skills and English Language skills in reading, writing and speaking including UHF radio communication.
Desirable experience but not required include:
- Experience with variable speed drives, PLC’s, various process instrumentation, configuration and calibration, as well as fault finding and repair.
- Experience with IFS or similar EAM system.
The Fixed Plant Electrician role is a permanent full-time position with a competitive salary, based on a roster to suite successful candidate and mining rosters. CuDECO Rocklands Project is a residential operation based within the township of Cloncurry. FIFO options may be available from Brisbane or Townsville for the right candidate.
CuDECO Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Role and to find out how you can be a part of this exciting and innovative mining company, please either call the Human Resources team on site at 07 4742 4800 or alternatively email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you like to apply?
Click ‘apply now‘ and provide a copy of your current CV and covering letter. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Fixed Plant Electrical Fitter Mechanic Maintenance Cloncurry QLD