See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Fitter Jobs Bowen Basin
$55 Flat Rate, 5/2 Roster, Repairing Overhead Cranes & Jib Cranes
Hays are searching to recruit Fitters for work around the Bowen Basin region.
- $55 Flat Rate with Superannuation on all hours
- Service Bowen Basin & Surrounds on a 5/2 Roster
- Servicing | Repairing Overhead Cranes & Jib Cranes
About the Role:
Your new role will see you working throughout Mackay & the Bowen Basin. Joining a family owned and operated business you will become a part of the team not just another number. They are searching for someone keen and willing to learn that are searching for a long term career with their business.
You will be completing services and onsite maintenance /repairs to Overhead & Jib Cranes.
What you’ll need to succeed:
To be successful for this role you must possess one key thing…… a good attitude! You will be working onsite with clients so professionalism is essential.
You will also hold the following qualifications:
- Trade Qualified Fitter
- Standard 11 Induction Training or Equivalent
- Various Site Inductions are desirable
- Current Drivers licence – Manual
- Working at Heights
- Confined Space
- EWP – Desirable
- Basic hand tools
- Ability to work 5 days a week
About the Client:
Their client is a well-established industry leader in the overhead crane industry. Established in the 80’s they are well set up to service the Mackay & Bowen Basin Region whilst providing their employee’s with stability and security in their jobs.
What you’ll get in return:
This assignment will reward you with an excellent hourly rate, and gain further experience in the industry. Their client is actively seeking some additional personnel for ongoing roles, ideally this placement will see you complete a short period with Hays and could lead to being offered a permanent position with their client.
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list