See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
FIFO – Field Service Diesel Fitter / Motor Mechanic
Combine your sense of adventure with your passion for diesel engines! Great salary package, great team.
- Variety of engines across pit and underground mining equipment
- Build your skills to Cummins expert level as your help build others
- 5 weeks on, 2 weeks off – 6 days p/w roster
Are you an experienced diesel mechanic searching for a role with a difference? Take your career to the next level with this opportunity to work in Papua Indonesia and learn fantastic Cummins product skills with there team that you can take anywhere in the world.
About the role
Papua Indonesia team is a close knit operation servicing the Freeport mine via PT-JDA with a large focus on mining equipment/ High Horse Power products up to 2,000HP. You’ll be in a FIFO role flying out from Cairns, Townsville or Brisbane via Denpasar to Timika airport on a 5 week on 2 week off roster.
Housed at Village, Tembagapura at 8,000 feet, you will be supplied full accommodation and board, transport and medical (after 3 months’ probation). You will be driven the daily commute 45 minutes up to 10,000 – 14,000 feet, working a 12 hour daily shift (including travel and breaks time). Given the high altitude location, a functional medical is required for all new and existing staff to ensure your fitness to work safely in this environment.
- Breakdown trouble shooting, diagnostics and repair on a range of engines on the Freeport mine site
- Scheduled, preventative and breakdown maintenance tasks within the workshop
- Product trouble shooting (mechanical and electrical diagnosis)
- Be the technical go to for there customers
- Assist in training local Cummins technicians
- Keep all records and documentation ship shape
- Work safe, every task, every day
- A relevant trade automotive qualification in heavy diesel / heavy commercial vehicle
- Good experience in the service & maintenance of diesel engines
- Solid technical aptitude, diagnostic & IT skills
- A teamwork attitude to work closely with your fellow FIFO team
- An open and flexible work approach engaging with diverse nationalities
- An interest in learning the basics of a new language (Bahasa)
What’s in it for you
You will get to work with a highly skilled, diverse team, in a challenging and diverse environment, learning from some of the best in the industry to develop skills you can use anywhere in the world. In return for your hard work they offer a competitive expat salary with tax incentives, allowances, full accommodation, annual bonus, stability and career development.
A global power leader, Cummins Inc. is a corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service diesel and natural gas engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems. They are the world’s largest independent producer and distributor of diesel engines and related components. Globally they employ around 48,000 people and serve customers in 190 countries.
Team culture is extremely important, they help forge strong connections at work to foster a collaborative culture. Thinking beyond your work is more than part of the job. It is the job.
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contained in this ad.
How to apply
Your opportunity to set yourself for success starts right here! Submit your application today! For more information about Cummins careers in Australia visit https://Cummins-Australia.jobs or contact Jane Gaylor on 03 9896 6742 or firstname.lastname@example.orgClick Apply for Field Service Diesel Fitter Motor Mechanic – FIFO mining job