This job asks for motivated people. How do you motivate yourself?
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Project Engineer – FIFO
Black Cat Civil are a fast-growing civil contractor based on the Sunshine Coast delivering a diverse range of civil infrastructure across projects QLD, NT and NSW. Black Cat prides itself on delivering value for money for its clients, and sharing its success with its people.
Head office is based at Nambour on the Sunshine Coast.
Due to the successful award of several new projects, Black Cat Civil are searching for 2 experienced Project Engineers or Site Engineers to work closely with Project Manager and Supervisors, in delivering these key pieces of infrastructure.
- Road infrastructure across NT
- Mining infrastructure across the Bowen Basin in QLD.
These FIFO opportunities provide exceptional experiences for engineers. Black Cat Civil will cover the costs of flights, accommodation and food, and will also pay above market remuneration for the right candidates.
Key responsibilities include:
Engineers report directly to their Project Manager and have onsite control of:
- Day to day construction of the project in accordance with our quality, safety and environmental systems.
- Programme, cost, production tracking and forecasting.
- Contract Administration including progress claims and variation identification.
- Procurement and sub-contractor management
Desired skills & experience
This opportunity is ideal for any motivated engineer wanting to build a career with a growing civil contractor. The successful candidate MUST be willing to work in remote locations and go the extra mile.
- Degree qualified Civil engineer with a minimum of 2 years contracting experience.
- Demonstrated experience working on remote road infrastructure projects will be highly regarded.
- Ability to work unsupervised and integrate into the site team well.
Black Cat Civil is a tight knit team, led by our 2 owners Jai and Brendan. There business rewards performance and loyalty with opportunities to grow your career with the business.
968 Nambour Connection Rd, Nambour QLD 4560, Australia
How to Apply
If this opportunity sounds like something you would like to be a part of, send your CV and cover letter.
Click Apply for Experienced Project Engineers FIFO Sunshine Coast
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list