Experienced Drill Operators – Coal Mining Project in the Bowen Basin near Moranbah
One Key Resources is a specialist provider of managed workforce services and labor hire to the mining, oil & gas and infrastructure industries.
One Key Resources also complement the core business with market leading value add services including skills and proficiency training and productivity improvement programs.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Proven documented Coal Mining Experience
- Pit Viper 235, 275 Experience Ideal
- Sandvik D90 Experience Ideal
- Atlas Copco Drill Experience an advantage
- Dozer Experience an advantage but not essential
- Willingness to pass a PEM and D&A test
The qualifications/certifications required include:
- Passport, Birth Certificate or Citizenship Certificate
- Current RII's [...Learn about RII's]’s – Drill and Blast Operations
- Current Heavy Rigid Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 [*Standard 11 Training*] or BMA Induction Statement of Attainment
- Current Coal Board Medical [...*Coal Board Medical*]
- Ongoing work Opportunities
- Immediate start
- Meals and accommodation provided (FIFO from Brisbane or Cairns)
- 7/7 DN roster
- Competitive hourly rates – $44 – $47/hr. + Super + Bonus
Give yourself every opportunity to get this job. If you are applying, don’t send in your normal resume and cover letter. Make sure your resume is edited to show requirements for this job, or your application could be automatically rejected.
Would you like to apply to this job?Click for more details and Apply for the job
About the Bowen Basin
The Bowen Basin is Queensland's coal mine region and contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. It was named after the first Govenor of Queensland, Sir George Bowen.
This major coal producing region is home to one of the world's largest deposits of bituminous coal. The Bowen Basin, which contains virtually all ofthe state's hard coking coal, is the most important source of export coal in Queensland. This is why it's such a mining jobs hotspot.
High quality coal is mined here, both above and below ground, creating many opportunities for workers who seek long-term employment.
Most of the basin's open cut and underground coal mines are located in the north. The basin has around 50 operational coal mines. The Goonyella railway line is the main route for coal exports via Dalrymple Bay and Hay Point. Coal is also sent by way of the Port of Gladstone.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore. There is an estimated population of over 40,000 people in the area. Click here for a map of the Bowen Basin and its communities.
608 mining jobs in the system
The links below are related, you may find them helpful in your mining research on : 'Drill Operators 7/7 Roster Mackay & Coalfields'.