Excavator Operators – Lake Vermont
Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. They offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. The life-of-mine insight, tailored approach and commitment to excellence keep at the leading edge…optimizing the mining value chain for each client.
They continue to drive innovation, through long-term relationships, so the clients are best positioned in a competitive global market. People are central to success and are empowered to contribute their skills, knowledge and experience to continually exceed industry benchmarks. Their culture is built on Principles of Integrity, Accountability, Innovation and Delivery, underpinned by a commitment to safety in everything they do.
This is a great opportunity to secure full time employment with a Tier One mining company. They are looking for motivated and passionate Excavator Operators at one of their Projects located near Dysart.
Currently have several positions available for experienced and competent Excavator Mining Operators looking for permanent employment opportunities. If you are driven, passionate and have a drive for safety, you are exactly what are looking for.
Successful candidates should ideally have demonstrated and credible experience operating Liebherr 9800 or 996 Excavators. Additional skills and experience will make your resume very desirable.
- You must have proven skill and experience working as a production operator in an operational coal mine;
- A commitment to a positive safety culture;
- Relevant coal mining certifications (e.g. Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*);
- A current Section 4 / Coal Board Medical ...*Coal Board Medical* would be desirable; and
- Current Driver’s License.
Roster & Conditions
- Permanent position with relevant leave entitlements
- 7/7 rotating shift roster commencing on a Wednesday
- 12.5-hour day shift and 10.5-hour night shift
- Regular opportunities to work overtime shifts
- Bus-in, bus-out travel provided between camp and site
- Beautiful and modern camp accommodation and facilities provided – at no cost to you; and
- Be a part of a crew that is passionate and focuses on working in a safe and productive work environment.
Lake Vermont is an open-cut coal project situated near Dysart, Central Queensland.
Thiess’ employee benefits program offers choice and flexibility to enhance the lifestyle and well being of our team. With benefits including discounted health insurance, salary packaging, salary continuance insurance and more. They place the health, safety and well-being of there people as absolute priority and they are focused on ensuring everyone is fit for work and fit for life.
If people are your focus and results are your passion, then consider joining an organization that is as excited about the important things as you are. Apply online at www.thiess.com.au/careers or follow the below link.
Applications Close on Sunday 23rd September 2018.
They are committed to developing a diverse workforce that represents the communities in which we operate. For more information on approach to Diversity and Inclusion, visit Diversity and Inclusion at Thiess
How to apply
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Experience Excavator Underground Mining Operators Lake Vermont Mackay