If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
This job asks for motivated people. How do you motivate yourself?
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Excavator Operator and Screening Plant Leading Hand Jobs
In an industry dominated by big players, they are proudly a Queensland owned and operated small business with an award winning team and a history of growth and innovation. They have an opportunity for a motivated, driven and experienced excavator and skid steer operator keen to move into a Leading Hand role to join the team and help clients save money while saving the environment.
They work across the civil, residential and commercial construction sites as well as in the waste management and mining industry for both private sector and government clients. Their current clients include Principal Contractors for road and highway projects, large scale subdivisions and waste management facilities throughout southeast Queensland and Northern New South Wales. Last year they diverted almost half a million tons of waste from landfill and saved clients in excess of $5 million.
This is a highly specialized industry niche and they are seeking someone who wants a career be rewarded with responsibility, opportunities, flexibility and management of more than $1 million in plant. You will need to be physically fit, with a great work ethic and willingness to get your hands dirty.
You will need:
- excavator, skid steer and HR licenses essential, drott, loader ticket, and HC/MC license desirable
- stockpile and bulk work experience in larger machines (screening, crushing or grinding experience is highly desirable but not essential)
- customer service and staff management skills – the right personality is more important than experience
- good basic mechanical and problem solving skills
- excellent time management skills and the ability to work independently
- great communication skills
- ability to complete daily reports and pre-starts via online forms.
Your responsibilities will include:
- operating a 25 ton excavator or skid steer (occasionally drott or loader as well)
- loading and running the screening plant to maximize productivity
- completing pre-starts and paperwork via our online forms
- onsite machinery repairs, diagnostics and problem solving as needed
- providing customers with a daily update and acting as the first point of contact for customers onsite.
What they are offering:
- permanent role with a 38 hour work week and flexible work opportunities (e.g. single parents who have their kids every second week, job share arrangements). No requirement to work Saturdays.
- weekly bonus scheme
- training with most experienced operators before being given an opportunity to run your own crew later in the year
- training and opportunities for advancement including owning your own machinery
- near new machinery mostly under warranty
- a 4wd extra cab work ute as part of your salary package
- a great work environment with an employer who values diversity.
They work on job sites throughout southeast Queensland including Brisbane, the Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Ipswich and Toowoomba areas so you will need to be centrally located with access to your own vehicle (travel allowances paid). This role will require some interstate and regional travel at times but we try to take family commitments into account when scheduling.
If you think you have what it takes to do good numbers and build good relationships with clients onsite while taking care of some very expensive gear then please apply. Make sure you include a brief cover letter outlining what interests you about this job.
When they advertise a job like this receive more than a hundred applicants so please don’t phone or email as no extra details will be available. Please lodge your application online via seek.com.au or via the work180.com.au portals and if you’re shortlisted be happy to answer any questions by phone prior to an interview.
Closing date is Tuesday 14 August but please apply early as they will assess applicants and begin interviewing as soon as possible.
How to apply
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Excavator Operator Leading Hand Screening Plant Jobs QLD