Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide.Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Entry-Level Mining Jobs category.
Entry-level Driller Mine Jobs WA
Itch Recruitment are in need of Driller Offsiders/Labourers to work to fill entry-level mining positions in Western Australia. If you’re keen to make a start in mining and build up an awesome paying career, be sure to shoot over a resume!
- Make $4.50ph and get paid to learn so you can earn more $$$ in the long run
- FIFO 4:2 & 2:2 – RIO/FMG & BHP Sites (we only like to play with the big boys)
- Immediate starts so you have no time think about how you will decorate your do
Before we go any further, you must have an HR licence, be a resident of WA and have 12 months of recent hard labour experience to be considered. If not, you will get a rejection letter from us and no one likes being on the receiving end of bad news (and we don’t like to be the giver of bad new either).. so let’s just avoid the awkwardness of it all and don’t read any further if you don’t have all three of those things right now.
DETAILS ABOUT THIS ENTRY-LEVEL MINING JOB:
Let’s cut the bull for a second, Itch are the leading recruitment suppliers to the Drilling industry in Australia, which is why only 3 out of every 100 applicants make it through their tough processes. Their processes are tough and deliberate as their only work with top tier drilling contractors on a permanent basis.
These are not long term casual jobs which is why their clients will match your level of effort and commitment!Their client is a stable and respected player in the drilling game who only work with the big names in WA mining. Working on mine sites for Rio/BHP and FMG sites in WA, means excellent site amenities and a priority on searching out for the safety and well-being of their staff.
They want all of their drillers to be qualified, and they will absolutely pay to get you there. As soon as you pass your 3 or 4 month (contract) probation with Itch, you will go permanent and get started on your Cert II and Cert III in Drilling – which makes you a more valuable employee, and opens up doors for you to work as a Driller all over the world.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES for Entry-level Driller Mine Jobs WA?
First things first, it is absolutely key that you are in a labour intensive position at the moment as these jobs aren’t for the faint-hearted! You will be lifting 30kg drill rods non-stop all day. Their need to know your body is already used to this type of work to lower your risk of injuring yourself.
Types of roles that aren’t considered “labour intensive” include and are not limited to:
- Jobs where you sit on your a** all day
- Supervisors who only supervise
- Office work but you go to the gym everyday for 2 hours
- Recruitment Consultants
They need driven and enthusiastic people to join the team, starting immediately! You will also need the following to even be considered (if you don’t have them, unfortunately they just can’t help you.
- An HR licence
- A National Police Clearance (Or know you will pass one without any nasty surprises for us)
- The ability to pass a pre-employment medical (including fitness testing) and pass an alcohol and drug test
- You must be a resident of WA – this is not negotiable (for insurance reasons).
- 12 months recent experience in a hard labour role (they know they have said that 4 times already)
- Can you pass their fitness test? They will find out in the interview in their fitness room!!!