Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Electrical Technician – Mining Maintenance WA
Reporting to the Supervisor – Electrical, this role is on a FIFO 8 day on, 6 days off roster for the first 6 months and then move into a shift rotation.
You will be responsible for maintaining and repairing all aspects of the electrical, communication and control systems for surface and Underground Fixed Plant assets. This includes crushers, conveyors and hoisting equipment. You will comply with all aspects of safety systems and Newcrest working procedures.
Key responsibilities include:
- Carry out daily preventative maintenance in a safe, reliable and cost-effective manner to keep plant running optimally.
- Carry out maintenance on hoisting system as appointed under section 44 of mines.
- Attend to breakdowns in a safe, efficient manner with no re-work required.
- Maintain PLC control systems and use programs for fault finding.
- Maintain statutory compliance of all electrical safety systems including lanyards and earth leakage devices.
- Ensure compliance with all Newcrest safety systems such as New safe in all aspects of your work.
- Competently perform High Voltage switching operations and maintenance as required.
- Ensure work orders are closed daily and weekly KPI’s are met in SAP.
- Maintain good customer service relationships with other onsite departments and contractors.
Carry out electrical installation work that complies with AS:
- NZS 3000:2007 and all other relevant standards.
Located in the Great Sandy Desert in Western Australia, Telfer is a fly in out fly out operation from Perth which recognizes the importance of work-life balance. There comfortable, well-furnished rooms include Foxtel and DVD players, and their site offers quality food with healthy options, medical care, sporting and recreation activities. Families are welcomed several times a year to open days.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified Electrician and possess previous trade experience with exposure to large scale mining maintenance operations. You will have the ability to multi task and work effectively within a high-pressure environment.
You will have a strong ability to accept change, develop new skills and competencies. You will have an A Grade Electrical License (WA), working at heights ticket and confined space (preferred). You will have proven experience working with instrumentation and PLC knowledge.
Existing HV Switching qualifications is preferred. If you are respected by your peers for your quality of work, focus on results and team work this could be the role for you.
Newcrest is the largest gold producer listed on the Australian Securities Exchange and one of the world’s largest gold mining companies.
There people work together across locations in Australia, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Indonesia and Côte d’Ivoire and in every location, there people live values and share there vision of being the Miner of Choice.
They are committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where talents and differences are valued. If you’re searching for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities.
It’s an exciting time to be a part of Newcrest.
Please note they may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Would you like to apply for this job?
If you feel you meet the above requirements, are keen to take on a new and exciting opportunity, and work for an employer that is committed to supporting your career then APPLY NOW.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Electrical Technician Mining Maintenance – Western Australia