See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Thiess Sisters in Mining Program – Trainee Operator
Dump Truck Trainees Women Indigenous/Torres Strait Islanders
This is a great opportunity from Theiss. [iMINCO]
Are you interested in joining the Sisters in Mining Program?
Thiess are searching for interested Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander women to begin their mining career with a paid traineeship dump truck operator at one of Thiess’ mine sites in central Queensland.
- An Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander woman?
- Looking for a career in mining but don’t know where to start?
- 18 years old or over?
- A holder of a current, c-class driver’s license?
- Able to pass a drug and alcohol test, medical and other screening processes (eg literacy and psychometric assessments)?
- Living in the Central Queensland area (Rockhampton, Emerald, Moranbah, Gladstone, Biloela, Mackay, Woorabinda)
By joining the Sisters in Mining program, you will receive:
- Statement of attainment for competencies that go towards a Certificate III in Surface Extraction Operations
- Haul truck simulator training
- Mining site inductions (including Standard 11 Induction Training Surface Operations induction) and a coal board medical
- A traineeship and ongoing mentoring and support
- Rostered shifts, camp accommodation and bus transfers for selected sites.
- Applications Close: 22 March 2019
- Information Session and Interviews: Approx. Monday, 8 April 2019
- Group Start Date: Monday, 10 June 2019
- Apply for the dump truck traineeship role here (SEEK.com.au)s
Thiess’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
Thiess recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through their vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, they will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because at Thiess they will be empowered, safe and included.
With a global business, Thiess offer diverse and rewarding careers. They are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join the team of industry leaders – because with Thiess , your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of communities and project partners.
How to apply for this dump truck traineeship with Thiess
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With a culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time for women to join Thiess.
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about pays, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player