Thiess Sisters in Mining Program – Trainee Operator
Dump Truck Trainees Women Indigenous/Torres Strait Islanders
This is a great opportunity from Theiss. [iMINCO]
Are you interested in joining the Sisters in Mining Program?
Thiess are looking for interested Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander women to begin their mining career with a paid traineeship dump truck operator at one of Thiess’ mine sites in central Queensland.
- An Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander woman?
- Looking for a career in mining but don’t know where to start?
- 18 years old or over?
- A holder of a current, c-class driver’s license?
- Able to pass a drug and alcohol test, medical and other screening processes (eg literacy and psychometric assessments)?
- Living in the Central Queensland area (Rockhampton, Emerald, Moranbah, Gladstone, Biloela, Mackay, Woorabinda)
By joining the Sisters in Mining program, you will receive:
- Statement of attainment for competencies that go towards a Certificate III in Surface Extraction Operations
- Haul truck simulator training
- Mining site inductions (including Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training* Surface Operations induction) and a coal board medical
- A traineeship and ongoing mentoring and support
- Rostered shifts, camp accommodation and bus transfers for selected sites.
- Applications Close: 22 March 2019
- Information Session and Interviews: Approx. Monday, 8 April 2019
- Group Start Date: Monday, 10 June 2019
- Apply for the dump truck traineeship role here (SEEK.com.au)s
Thiess’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce
Thiess recognise the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through their vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, they will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because at Thiess they will be empowered, safe and included.
With a global business, Thiess offer diverse and rewarding careers. They are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join the team of industry leaders – because with Thiess , your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of communities and project partners.
How to apply for this dump truck traineeship with Thiess
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With a culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time for women to join Thiess.
Standard 11 Mining Induction
The Standard 11 is a workplace health and safety package for the Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII).
If your job means you must access a Queensland coal mine site - you'll need a Standard 11.
The Standard 11 covers essential safety and procedures training designed to keep you and other workers safe from injury and harm when working on site.
There are 6 units of study (competency) in the Standard 11. This course can not be completed online. Find out more about how you can complete the Standard 11 Mining Induction at a location close to you
You can book your course here and we will find a training provider close to your location - we do all the work for you.