See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Dump Truck Operator Jobs Singleton
Paying $46.50 – $49p/hr Depending on Skill Set
WorkPac are searching for Dump Truck Operators (KOM 830E or CAT 789) for work on a mine site, local to the Singleton area. They are seeking operators who are interested in working a 12.5hr lifestyle day and night roster 5/4/5/5/4/5.
- Minimum 12 months experience
- Opportunity for permanency after 6 months
- Potential to gain additional ancillary skills
To be successful you must:
- Have 12 + months experience operating Dump Trucks in a mining environment and have the equivalent competency for a KOM 830E or CAT 789 /greater
- Provide signed competencies to verify experience
- Be able to provide a minimum of 2 work related supervisor references
- Have a flexible ‘can do’ attitude, as cultural fit to this site is very important to their client
You will be required to:
- Work a lifestyle rotating day and night shift roster
- Operate in a safe and productive manner
- Pass a D&A test and undertake a full functional medical
About the Company:
WorkPac is Australia’s leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, oil and gas and healthcare sectors. They are proud to partner with some of the country’s leading companies to deliver rewarding career opportunities.
Why work for WorkPac?
Looking after their employees is important to them. Their WorkPlus Employee Benefits program offers benefits across health, private insurance, financial services, travel and more. WorkPac have over 45 offices throughout Australia, this means you have the flexibility to work anywhere in Australia with them. As WorkPac has such a large footprint, they know their local areas and are always helping their local community.
Click Here to download our Expert Guide Becoming a Dump Truck Driver
Komatsu 830E Haul Truck
The Komatsu 830E is an ultra class dump truck used in Australian open pit mining operations an is designed and built in Peoria, Illinois by Komatsu America Corporation (parent company is the Japanese held company Komatsu Ltd.
The Komatsu 830E is a beast, with 231,000 kilogram capacity (255 short tons). Although this is a big truck, the 830E's load capacity is about 66% the capacity of the Liebherr T 282C and Caterpillar 797B.This is an electric truck and is being featured in many new mining operations as well established mines in WA and QLD.
The electric drive system is very different fromt the transmission/differential drive of traditional trucks. The diesel engine is connected to a GE traction alternator with high voltage cables transfering electricity to the two wheel motors at the rear of the truck.
Read more about the KOMATSU 830E mining dump truck on the Komatsu website