See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Dump Truck & Multi Skilled Operators – Permanent Positions
One Key Resources, part of the Fircroft Group, is a specialist provider of Managed Workforce and Labour Hire solutions to the Mining, Oil & Gas and Infrastructure Industries. An employer of choice, One Key Resources employs Open Cut and Underground Operators, Tradespeople and Support Staff at close to 100 locations across Australia.
They are currently recruiting experienced Dump Truck & Multi Skilled Operators for Permanent Positions to work at an Open Cut Coal Mine site in the Hunter Valley near Gunnedah. You will be working with a Tier 1 Mining Contractor who requires skilled, experienced and safety minded individuals, engaged on a Permanent Full-Time contract.
To be successful in these positions
Demonstrated experience in Operating Open Cut Mine Equipment including:
- CAT Dump Trucks
- CAT Dozers
- CAT Graders
- Signed competencies showing previous experience would be ideal.
- Proof of Australian working entitlement (e.g. birth certificate, passport or citizenship certificate)
- A strong safety culture and willingness to engage in activities that seek to support that positive culture
- Adaptability to change as the operation progresses
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical assessment
In return, these positions offer
- Long-term work opportunities
- Permanent full-time contracts
- Annual leave and sick leave entitlements
- Potential for career advancement and development
- 4D on, 5 off, 5N on, 4 off Lifestyle Roster
- 12.00 hr. shifts
- Residential role – DIDO to site.
If the above role appeals to you APPLY today!Click Apply for Dump Truck Multi Skilled Operators Coal Mine Gunnedah NSW
One Key Resources is committed to workplace diversity and strongly encourages female and indigenous candidates to apply.
Dump Truck Operator Salaries
How much do dump truck production operators earn in the mines?
Depending on where you live, or which state the mine is located in, as you can see from the information below, the salaries are very different. In Queensland and New South Wales, mining wages are pretty much the same for Dump Truck Operators. Working at a Western Australian mine you can expect to earn about 20% more than if you worked in QLD or NSW.
Dump truck operator jobs are advertised on SEEK and other mining jobs boards regularly.
According to online jobs website Indeed (au.indeed.com), the average salary for a Dump Truck Production Operator in Australia is $41.98 per hour. Salary estimates are based on 326 salaries submitted anonymously to Indeed by Dump Truck Drivers. The data was collected from past and present job ads on Indeed over the last 36 months.
Payscale.com Dump Truck Driver Pay Estimates
Looking at the salary of an entry-level Dump Truck Driver with less than 1 year experience, you can expect to earn an average hourly wage (includes bonus, and overtime pay) of AU$42 based on 24 pay reviews.
With so many different and conflicting articles about pays, it's difficult to know what the exact take home pay is for a Dump Truck Operator.
Blackwater, Queensland Dump Truck Salaries +40%
According to Payscale.com, Dump Truck Operators in the Queensland Bowen Basin area of Blackwater, earn an average of 39.7% more than the national average. Dump Truck Operators also get more money in Western Australia (26.6% more) and Kalgoorlie (17.0% more). The lowest salaries can be found in Melbourne, Victoria (19.6% less), Brisbane, Queensland (16.2% less) and Sydney, New South Wales (14.3% less).
SEEK mining job salaries for dump truck production operators
What are dump truck operator employers looking for?
The following list is a collection of requirements you'll find in most advertised dump truckk operator jobs
- Experience operating CAT trucks
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol test
- Competitive Hourly Rate plus super on all hours worked
- Current Drivers Licence
- Current Standard 11 or willing to obtain a Standard 11
- Have a strong commitment to safety and Zero Harm and ensure this is a
- priority and at the forefront of all your decision-making
- Have a strong work history
- High level of safety awareness
- Relevant current RII Competencies
- Relevant RII/ SSE sign offs/ Competencies
- Right to work in Australia - Birth Certificate or Australian Passport
- Sound Work History
- Be reliable and a team player