See more jobs in the Dump Truck Jobs category.
A list of current dump truck driver jobs in Australia
Dump truck operators needed in Western Australia and South Australia to work on a range of projects, both mining and civil.
WA dump truck operators may be required to have a HR licence as part of the employment conditions.
Dump Truck Jobs
WorkPac Group – Port Hedland WA
We are currently seeking experienced Dump Truck Operators for a new mining Operation in the East Pilbara. These exciting opportunities offer great rates of pay…
WorkPac Group – 24-Jan
Full time position, 35 hours or more per week. Fly-in, fly-out job, Mining, Energy and Utilities job. To apply, please see description ….
Australian JobSearch – 24-Jan
Full time position on a 2/1 roster from Perth or Darwin We are now seeking an experienced Dump Truck Operators to operate the following equipment….
Australian JobSearch – 25-Jan
These positions are Residential from either Cowell or Whyalla, no FIFO or camp accommodation is provided working a 7:7 roster. Position … External link….
Australian JobSearch – 23-Jan
Before you apply for dump truck jobs, read through this checklist first.
- Make sure your resume is up to date and shows your relevant dump truck operator qualifications on page one.
- Always add the relevant dump truck RII qualification: RIIMPO311A Conduct Haul Truck Operations. This is a vital keyword that automated resume scanning software will look for.
- If you feel your resume is letting you down, think about getting a professionally designed resume created for you. Resume writers are good at what they do, they understand about keywords and they also know what recruiters like to see on a resume – so when you think about it, it makes sense to make sure your resume is doing the grunt work for you.
- If you want to have a crack at creating or updating your own resume for dump truck jobs, then that a great idea. In fact, iMINCO have created a free guide to creating a resume in an e-book format which you can simply email to yourself.
- Once you submit your resume, you’ll hopefully get a call to come into the office for an interview. This is where a lot of people find it difficult because they are not confident in an interview situation. It’s natural to feel this way right – there’s a lot riding on getting offered a job. Because of this, iMINCO also created an e-book containing the top interview tips to build your confidence in an interview. It’s well worth a read – it might just get you that dump truck job you always dreamed of.
- If you have completed any other courses that are mining or civil related, then add these qualifications next to your dump truck qualification. When a recruiter reads your resume, all of your relevant qualifications are in one place and easy to read.
- Do your research on the company that is advertising the dump truck jobs. The advertiser could be a recruiting company, so make sure you find out who they are and if you can establish who their client is, that’s even better.
- Find out as much as you can about the job, the location, what types of machinery you will be driving, the mining activities going on at the mine, is it coal or metaliferous for instance.
- Keep up to date with mining industry news by getting the iMINCO Project News. This is a good opportunity to keep informed about mining activity which in turn helps you to understand where the jobs could be in the future. If you wait for dump truck jobs to be advertised, you are just like every other person who is fighting for the same role. Go and do some mining of your own and use search engines to gain insights and dig deep.
Learn to drive a dump truck
Dump truck jobs seem to be everywhere online, but what’s the use applying for one if you don’t know how to safety operate a huge dump truck? Thankfully, there are dump truck driver training courses you can do to give you the right skills and experience to handle a dump truck in a variety of different terrains and weather conditions (including night-time driving and loading operations).
Discover how you can enrol in a dump truck course in Brisbane
- Complete a 5-day dump truck course, complete with a mining induction component (which is compulsory for mining jobs in Queensland), a light vehicle and 4 wheel drive course. This combination dump truck course is excellent value for money and prepares people to operate a dump truck in a safe and knowledgeable manner.
Learn more about the 5-day dump truck course.
- For people who prefer a one-on-one type course, you can learn to drive a dump truck in just 2 days. This course is perfect for individuals who want to get their RIIMPO311A Conduct Haul Truck Operations qualification as soon as they can. Students on this 2-day course, work with their own personal trainer for the entire duration of the course. This means more driving time as well as fast and thorough learning outcomes.
Learn more about the 2-day dump truck course.
Next available dump truck course dates:
Click Here to download our Expert Guide Becoming a Dump Truck Driver
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.