See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Drill Fitter Jobs Mackay
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent you will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Perform scheduled drill servicing on their Reichdrill and Pit Viper drill rigs
- Performing unscheduled repairs
- Prioritizing workloads or unscheduled repairs when required
- Supervising and/or coaching the activities of Servicemen and Trainee Fitters
- Maintaining and servicing light vehicles, support trucks and trailers
- Fulfilling all safety requirements and maintenance reporting needs.
ESSENTIAL Skills and requirements include:
- Trade Certificate
- Hand Tools
- Australian HR Class drivers licence
- Drill Maintenance Ability
- Previous Drill Maintenance Experience.
DESIRABLE skills include:
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training
- Current QLD Coal Board Medical
- Refrigerant Handling Licence
- Action Drill and Blast Drill fleet product knowledge
- Action Drill and Blast Ancillary fleet product knowledge
- Ability to work autonomously
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Working at Heights
Apply Here for Drill Fitter Jobs Mackay ** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.
About the Bowen Basin
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.