If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Mackay & Coalfields, Queensland location.
This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Drill Fitter Jobs Mackay
Reporting to the Maintenance Superintendent you will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Perform scheduled drill servicing on their Reichdrill and Pit Viper drill rigs
- Performing unscheduled repairs
- Prioritizing workloads or unscheduled repairs when required
- Supervising and/or coaching the activities of Servicemen and Trainee Fitters
- Maintaining and servicing light vehicles, support trucks and trailers
- Fulfilling all safety requirements and maintenance reporting needs.
ESSENTIAL Skills and requirements include:
- Trade Certificate
- Hand Tools
- Australian HR Class drivers licence
- Drill Maintenance Ability
- Previous Drill Maintenance Experience.
DESIRABLE skills include:
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training
- Current QLD Coal Board Medical
- Refrigerant Handling Licence
- Action Drill and Blast Drill fleet product knowledge
- Action Drill and Blast Ancillary fleet product knowledge
- Ability to work autonomously
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Working at Heights
Apply Here for Drill Fitter Jobs Mackay ** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list