You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure that this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Experience Drill & Blast Supervisor – Bowen Basin
CoreStaff is part of the CGH Group, one of Australia’s leading providers of outsourced recruitment and human resources consulting solutions. As employer of choice, CoreStaff employs staff in the Mining and Resources, Energy, Construction, Maintenance & Shutdowns, Manufacturing & Engineering, Transport & Logistics, Warehousing & Distribution and Food Manufacturing sectors.
Client is a Tier 1 Mining House who requires skilled, experienced and safety minded individuals for ongoing opportunities.
To Be Successful In the Role, You Must Have
- Drill & Blast Supervisory experience within the mining sector
- Experience working in truck and shovel/mining activities
- Experience working in an open cut mining operation preferred
- Demonstrated experience leading change and a high performing crew
- A commitment to working safely and complying with site safety standards
- Understanding and execution of the mine plan
- Ability to effectively use computers and associated software (MS Office)
The Qualifications/certifications Required Include
- S 1 2 3 Supervisor Competencies
- Current valid Driver’s License
- Passport or Australian Birth Certificate
- Current Coal Board Medical (or willingness to obtain)
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training (or willingness to obtain)
In Return they can Offer
- Ongoing work – immediate start
- Excellent Rates + Super
- Meals and Accommodation provided
- 5/4/4/5 Lifestyle Roster
Client is an equal opportunity employer and along with Corestaff encourage a diverse range of applicants.
If you feel you have the required skills and are searching to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
Interested?? APPLY NOW!!
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Drill & Blast Supervisor Open Cut Coal Mine site Bowen Basin
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list