See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Dragline Operator Jobs Bowen Basin
WorkPac are searching for skilled and experienced Dragline Operators who will form part of and contribute to the Mine Operations Department of a Bowen Basin Mine.
In this role you will be required to:
Absolute commitment to working safely, complying with all site safety standards and ensuring a safe and environmentally healthy workplace is essential. It is imperative that you possess the ability and aptitude to maintain high standards of safety, equipment serviceability, housekeeping and compliance with mine working procedures.
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- Minimum 6 months mine experience
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training Induction
- Coal Board Medical – conducted within 2 years
- Driver’s Licence
- A willingness to work rotating rosters
- Ability to contribute and work positively in a team environment
- Sound Work History
About the Company:
WorkPac is Australia’s leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, oil and gas and healthcare sectors. They are proud to partner with some of the country’s leading companies to deliver rewarding career opportunities.
Why work for WorkPac?
Looking after their employees is important to them. Their WorkPlus Employee Benefits program offers benefits across health, private insurance, financial services, travel and more. WorkPac have over 45 offices throughout Australia, this means you have the flexibility to work anywhere in Australia with them. As WorkPac has such a large footprint, they know their local areas and are always helping their local community.
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list