Diesel Fitters / Mobile Plant Mechanic Leading Hands Site
Trade Certificate / Certificate of Completion required with previous Leading Hand experience
- S1, S2, S3, G2 and Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training* essential
- Safety focused company
BTP Group is a subsidiary of Ausdrill Ltd, and is one of Australia’s leading suppliers of machinery parts and equipment to the mining and earthmoving industries.
BTP based in Mackay, currently require suitably qualified and experienced Leading Hand Diesel Fitters / Mobile Plant Mechanics to join site based team at Coppabella on stable 7 on 7 off roster on a casual basis.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor and Superintendent, you will become a valued member of our Maintenance team. You will be leading a crew providing guidance and assistance completing servicing, maintenance and repairs on a variety of mainly CAT heavy equipment in a timely and safety focused manner.
General skills, experience and knowledge required:
- HD Trade Qualifications – minimum Trade Cert (Please note this is not a Cert III)
- Min 3yrs post trade experience with time spent as a leading hand on site
- Current S1, S2, S3, G2 and STD 11
- Experience in electrical and hydraulic fault finding
- Experience working with ET and SIS programs
- HR License preferred
- Good written and oral communication with the ability to liaise with all levels of the organization
- Ensure a safe work environment is maintained at all times
- Provide positive leadership in the business by developing a strong safety culture in accordance with Ausdrill’s ONE SAFE ALL SAFE program
Basic Dogging and Rigging, Working at heights, Forklift and Crane tickets would be an advantage.
- The job security that comes with a permanent, full time position
- Casual rate of $62.50/hr + Super paid on all hours worked
- Opportunities to become a permanent employee
- Potential for career advancement locally and interstate within the Ausdrill Group
- Private Health Cover discounts with multiple providers
- Company recommended superannuation with built-in income protection (optional)
- Company Novated Vehicle Leasing options
- Access to Corporate Leisure Team for personal travel and accommodation discounts.
If you are driven, confident and have the required skills and qualifications we encourage you to apply now attaching CV, Qualifications, Drivers License and High Risk Tickets
Successful applicants will be required to carry out and pass fit for work medicals, drugs and alcohol test, complete company and client induction requirements.
Interested?? APPLY NOW!!
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Diesel Fitters Mobile Plant Mechanic Casual Leading Hands Site Mackay
Standard 11 Mining Induction
The Standard 11 is a course that provides skill and knowledge required for working in surface coal mines under the QLD Mining Inspectorate Recognised Standard 11.
If your job means you must access a Queensland coal mine site - you'll need a Standard 11.
The Standard 11 covers essential safety training designed to keep you and other workers safe from injury and harm when working on site.
You can book your course online and we will find a training provider close to your location - we do all the work for you.