This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction before applying for the job. Standard 11 inductions can be completed in 2 days in a face-to-face setting and Standard 11 refreshers can be done online.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Mechanical / Diesel Fitters
- Down Days / Shutdowns
- Various Sites
- DIDO Roles
Mechanical / Diesel Fitters required for down days / shutdowns
Hays Mackay are seeking Mechanical & Diesel Fitters to work across the Bowen Basin. Due to ongoing maintenance works a number of clients are experiencing the need for Mechanical & Diesel Fitters to assist their businesses.
The clients are experiencing a high volume of growth in the Bowen Basin and are as a result seeking Mechanical or Diesel Fitters for various works across the Bowen Basin. Ideally you will have previous site experience and relevant mining competencies to enable an immediate start.
What you’ll need to succeed
- You will be trade qualified in your chosen field with suitable previous site experience.
- Must hold a current BMA core or S11, coal board medical, working at heights & confined space qualifications.
- Desirable inductions include Caval Ridge, Daunia Mine, Goonyella Riverside or Peak Downs Mine.
What you’ll get in return
- Competitive pay rates
- DIDO role
- Hays works with multiple clients offering similar services providing future works for suitable candidates.
Give yourself every opportunity to get this job. If you are applying, don’t send in your normal resume and cover letter. Make sure your resume is edited to show requirements for this job, or your application could be automatically rejected.
Applications will also be accepted via the “apply now” button belowClick for more details and Apply for Mechanical / Diesel Fitters Job
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the worldâ€™s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queenslandâ€™s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list