You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Diesel/HD Plant Mechanics – Site based
Diesel CAT Heavy Duty Plant Mechanics Mackay QLD
- Applicants must be HD certified
- Previous experience in a similar role essential
- Potential to advance your career opportunities within the Ausdrill Group.
The BTP Group is a subsidiary of Ausdrill Ltd, and is one of Australia’s leading suppliers of machinery parts and equipment to the mining and earthmoving industries, nationwide. BTP Parts based out of Mackay (QLD) are currently require suitably qualified and experienced Diesel Fitters / Plant Mechanics to join their site based teams.
Currently have requirements for people to join teams based at Moorvale, Millennium, North Goonyella, and Coppabella. Roles are 7 on 7 off rosters working days and nights carrying out servicing, maintenance and repairs on a variety of mainly CAT equipment.
THIS IS NOT A FIFO POSITION
To be considered applicants will ideally live within 2hrs drive of Mackay.
Duties to be carried out include:
- Repair, maintain and service a range of mining equipment predominately CAT but also including Hitachi and Komatsu equipment
- Repair and maintain a range of road trucks as required
- Complete detailed on-hire & off-hire machine condition reports
- Complete parts requisitions for items required to complete vital works
- Follow all BTP procedures, policies and work instructions, adhere to on-site policies and procedures
Experience / Qualifications required:
- HD Trade Certificate / Certificate of completion / Certificate of proficiency
- Ideally HD Cert III plus statement of attainment (Units completed)
- 3-5yrs post apprenticeship onsite experience preferred
- Extensive experience of working on CAT, Hitachi or Komatsu mine site equipment
- Experience in electrical and hydraulic fault finding would be ideal but not essential
- Current Standard 11 Induction Training essential
- HR License preferred, minimum of LR required or be willing to get prior to starting
- Experience of working with Excel, ET and SIS
Ideally applicants will also have:
- Working at heights tickets
- Basic Rigging and Dogging
- Crane ticket
- Forklift license
What rewards will you get?
- Competitive market rate + super on all hours worked
- Statutory leave entitlements for full time employees
- Ongoing personal development
To be considered please ensure you attach the following details:
- Up to date CV
- HD Trade Certificate / Certificate of Completion
- HD Cert III + Statement of attainment
- Standard II
- Drivers License
- Any other relevant certificates of licenses
Would you like to apply for this job?
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where they challenge you to drive positive change.
Click to Apply Diesel CAT Heavy Duty Plant Mechanics Mackay QLD
Successful applicants will be required to complete and pass fit for work medicals, drugs and alcohol test, complete company and client induction requirements.
Recruitment agencies need not contact with potential candidates.