This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
This job asks for motivated people. How do you motivate yourself?
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Conveyor System Technician Trainee – Mackay
As the world leaders in engineered conveyor solutions, Fenner Dunlop delivers valuable material handling solutions to extended network of high profile clients in the mining and industrial sectors. There success has been built over many years on having a talented team that works together to achieve incredible outcomes.
Due to continued growth and success, they are now seeking a number of motivated self-starters to join Mackay branch in the position of Conveyor System Technician (Belt Splicer).
To be considered for this role, you must be willing to commit to completing a 2 year (minimum duration) traineeship.
Conveyor System Technician Maintenance Trainee Mackay QLD
Working on key projects across the Bowen Basin region, your main responsibilities will include developing skills in conveyor belt maintenance, repairs, installations, general maintenance and replacement of conveyor components.
As this is a Trainee role, you will also study a Certificate III Polymer Processing (Belt Splicing) qualification – which you will complete on the job!
- Must have a strong safety focus!
- Must be over the age of 18
- Must hold a current Australian drivers license
- 2 years recent trade assistant experience in construction, manufacturing or mining – essential
- Possess a current underground Coal Board Medical
- Possess a Standard 11 Induction Training – underground
- Not be banned from any mine sites within the Bowen Basin
- Possess good mechanical aptitude, as well as sound communication and numerical skills
- Provide proof of Australian Work Rights
- Willingness to complete aptitude testing as part of the Trainee recruitment process
- Willingness to work in underground mining.
- Ability to work at heights and in confined spaces
- Ability to work in line with project/site operational requirements (which may see you working after hours, weekends and/or public holidays).
- Ability to pass a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol screening.
- Be willing to travel to Perth and Melbourne for classes during the 2-year period (paid for by Fenner Dunlop)
The traineeship starts on 27 August and 24 September, and applicants must be available for either date.
What’s on offer
- A nationally recognized Belt Splicing qualification (Certificate III in Polymer Processing), fully paid for by Fenner Dunlop!
- Get paid while you learn
- Guaranteed exposure to major national mining projects.
- Guaranteed ongoing full time permanent employment once you have completed the traineeship
- An outstanding career pathway with all the training and support you will need to succeed.
How to Apply
To join the Fenner Dunlop team, click the link below and apply online.
If you are an ambitious self-starter who wants the opportunity to join a business where you will be in a position to further your career, we would like to meet you.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Conveyor System Technician Maintenance Trainee Mackay QLD
About the Bowen Basin
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list