Contracts Administrator – Mining industry
This role offers a rare opportunity to build on your experience in a diverse role within the mining industry.
The client is a mining industry leading company situated in Cloncurry in North West Queensland. As a result of expected growth, they seek the expertise of an experienced Contract Administrator to work in their office.
Reporting to the Contract Supervisor, you will be responsible for managing the administration of contracts for upcoming mining projects and be involved in, but not limited to, the application of the following;
- Scope Writing – actually drafting a document from scratch or assisting a technical representative to document requirements at best;
- Tendering & Evaluation – experience in effecting this process independently;
- End to End Contract Management – all facets of contract management (examples may include dispute resolution, invoice validation; advice to end users in preventing disputes arising);
- Supplementary processes – accounts payable, negotiation of departures; problem resolution for Site End Users.
- Similar experience in Mining or construction industry preferred.
The ideal candidate will be mature, professional, and goal orientated. Skills and experience that our client prefers includes, but not limited to;
- Past experience with Ellipse (ERP System)
- Mining or heavy construction industry experience
- Self motivated and optimistic in the contracts administration field
- Possess hard and soft skills (well developed communicator, able to work individually and as a team, flexible, discussion skills)
As the role is site based in Cloncurry, accommodation is supplied. The below travel options are available for the right candidate;
- 8/6 roster – FIFO from Brisbane, Townsville or Cairns
- 8/6 or 5/2/4/3 DIDO Mt Isa
- 5/2 residential based
If you feel you meet the above criteria, have the essential skills, and are looking to expand on your experience, we look forward to hearing from you. To submit your application please attach your resume.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
If the above role appeals to you APPLY today!
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Contracts Administrator Mining industry FIFO Brisbane QLD
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.