Commercial Manager – FIFO / DIDO 10:4
Whittens is a reputable and privately owned Australian company which has continued to expand since its establishment in 2001. Diversification strategies have seen continuing success within the current market as a leading self-performing contractor. Projects are currently underway in Western Australia, the Northern Territory, New South Wales and Queensland, covering resources, defense and infrastructure projects.
With a healthy order book and structured growth plan, this is an exciting opportunity to join a highly efficient and ambitious company focused on excellent results, where you can have a genuine influence on the project delivery at Caval Ridge.
As Commercial Manager, you will be site based, reporting to the Project Manager and working on a 10: 4 roster for the duration of the required works.
- 10-15 years’ experience in a similar role
- 2 years minimum experience working in contracts/commercial areas in the civil concrete construction industry
- Earthworks and concrete works project experience
- Bachelor of Science (Quantity Surveying)
- Experience in contract review, negotiation and management
- Experience in sub-contract interpretation, compliance & governance & managing contractual disputes
- Strong risk management experience, including risk/opportunity evaluation and mitigation management.
- Superior time and priority management skills
- Confident to be able to manage across a range of different relationships across the business and on site
Your duties will include:
- Contract and commercial management, evaluation and administration
- Manage, administer and update budget and month end forecasting
- Cost management and project reporting
- Manage and administer project variations, delay notifications, contract changes and progress and extension of time claims
- Manage and administer supplier and sub-contractor supply agreements
- Performing risk/price analysis
- Project controls including measuring, tracking and unit rate reporting, sub-contractor and supplier performance
- Responsible for internal reporting between the project and General Manager
In return, you will be rewarded with a satisfying career and culture along with a generous remuneration package to compliment your experience.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and talented leader who brings with them genuine passion and a hands-on approach, and in return work within a business that has a direct line to decision makers who take pride in being part of a company with rapid response and autonomy.
They respectfully request no agency submissions at this time. Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Level 2,76 Hasler Rd, Osborne Park WA 6017, Australia
Would you like to apply?
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘Apply Now‘ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.Click Apply for Commercial Manager FIFO Civil mine DIDO Western Australia
NOTE: When you apply for this job Commercial Manager FIFO Civil mine, take a look at your current resume and cover letter. Always match the first page of your resume to details of the job. Search the job ad for keywords and add them into your resume because if you don’t, your application may be scanned and rejected before it even gets read by a human.
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.