Q Coal Village (Byerwen, QLD)
Coal Village Byerwen Bowen Basin min Site, QLD
Morris Corporation is Australia’s largest privately owned facilities management specialist; with over 50 years’ experience delivering industrial hospitality services to the remote mining, resources and construction sectors.
At Morris, they know it is there people that makes them successful and they strive to provide a supportive and enriching environment where there employees can succeed and feel genuinely valued.
The position of Utility will see you working across all departments within the site and your responsibilities may include any or all of the following:
- General housekeeping and cleaning of rooms, buildings, equipment and common/public areas onsite.
- Providing general assistance in the kitchen to cooks and chefs, including food preparation, stock replenishing and general waiting duties of food and beverage.
- General administrative duties including checking guests in and out of site, assisting the management team with accounts, filing and word processing/data entry
- Serving a range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages to Morris clients and guests
- Attending a snack bar, coffee shop, food and beverage or retail outlet
- General maintenance of site grounds including mowing lawns, weeding gardens and minor building and equipment repair.
- Operate washing machines and dryers, fold and store laundry and maintain accurate linen counts
- Maintain fridges and freezers and ensure correct rotation of stores stock
Are you the right person for this position?
- Previous experience working in one or more of the following areas – catering/kitchen, cleaning, mine site cleaning, grounds maintenance, laundry, bus driving, bar/retail, or store man work, preferably within a similar remote or site based environment.
- A positive attitude, strong work ethic and a commitment to consistently deliver a high standard of customer service to all Morris clients and customers.
- List relevant Qualifications/licenses/certifications here eg – RSA, white card, Food Handlers certificate etc would be advantageous for this position.
- A strong commitment to safety and safe working practices at all times
What’s on offer?
- Drive in Drive Out ex Mackay or surrounding areas on a roster cycle of 14 days on, 7 days off
- A supportive and engaging team environment
- Accommodation and Meals provided whilst on site
- Great remuneration and benefits
- Ongoing career development
Morris Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Morris aims to be an employer of choice for Indigenous Australians and they encourage Indigenous people to apply for this and other positions.
How to APPLY
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where they challenge you to drive positive change.
Apply for Coal Village Byerwen Bowen Basin min Site, QLD
All Candidates must have Australian or New Zealand Residency and will be subject to a Pre-Employment Functional Assessment including drug and alcohol test. A national police clearance with a validity of 3 months may be required.