Coal Surface Drillers Jobs Mackay
Mitchell Services are scouting for applications from qualified and experienced Coal Surface Drillers with a focus on large diameter experience. These roles may consist of either a 14:7 or 14:14 roster. If you have your Supervisor S123 and G2 Qualification you’ll be in a very favourable position to be selected for this job.
- Will be able to operate our drill rig and have the proven ability to run your own shift
- You will have the ability to work 12 hour days and operate and lead in small teams
- You can demonstrate a reasonable mechanical aptitude & problem solving skills; and will be able to demonstrate a positive can-do attitude
- Must have a good level of physical fitness and the ability to pass a pre-employment medical and a functional medical exam including drug & alcohol screening
Benefits of Coal Surface Drillers Jobs Mackay:
- Competitive remuneration
- Permanent roles with long standing contracts/clients
- Opportunity for development
- Onsite Camp accommodation,
- PPE & flights provided
Point of hire:
This role is FIFO QLD or NSW to site or DIDO from the Mackay Coal Fields area.
Requirements for Coal Surface Drillers Jobs Mackay:
- You will have previous experience working on Large Diameter in the coal (minimum 10 ¾ inches and above)
- Previous rotary mud drilling is highly desirable for this role but not essential
- T130 Schramm experience highly desirable for this role
- You will have a proven and demonstrable safe work history
- Certificate III Drilling (minimum)
- HR licence mandatory (MC or HC are highly desirable)
- Supervisor S123 and G2 Qualification (highly desired)
- A Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training* (highly desired)
- The ability to pass a Coal Board Medical
- A current Provide First Aid / CPR is a requirement
- A suitable National Police Clearance is a requirement
- You must have the right to work in Australia
Apply Here for Coal Surface Drillers Jobs
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.