You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure that this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Coal Surface Drillers Jobs Mackay
Mitchell Services are scouting for applications from qualified and experienced Coal Surface Drillers with a focus on large diameter experience. These roles may consist of either a 14:7 or 14:14 roster. If you have your Supervisor S123 and G2 Qualification you’ll be in a very favourable position to be selected for this job.
- Will be able to operate our drill rig and have the proven ability to run your own shift
- You will have the ability to work 12 hour days and operate and lead in small teams
- You can demonstrate a reasonable mechanical aptitude & problem solving skills; and will be able to demonstrate a positive can-do attitude
- Must have a good level of physical fitness and the ability to pass a pre-employment medical and a functional medical exam including drug & alcohol screening
Benefits of Coal Surface Drillers Jobs Mackay:
- Competitive remuneration
- Permanent roles with long standing contracts/clients
- Opportunity for development
- Onsite Camp accommodation,
- PPE & flights provided
Point of hire:
This role is FIFO QLD or NSW to site or DIDO from the Mackay Coal Fields area.
Requirements for Coal Surface Drillers Jobs Mackay:
- You will have previous experience working on Large Diameter in the coal (minimum 10 ¾ inches and above)
- Previous rotary mud drilling is highly desirable for this role but not essential
- T130 Schramm experience highly desirable for this role
- You will have a proven and demonstrable safe work history
- Certificate III Drilling (minimum)
- HR licence mandatory (MC or HC are highly desirable)
- Supervisor S123 and G2 Qualification (highly desired)
- A standard 11 (highly desired)
- The ability to pass a Coal Board Medical
- A current Provide First Aid / CPR is a requirement
- A suitable National Police Clearance is a requirement
- You must have the right to work in Australia
** This job is no longer available, see our most recent mining jobs here.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.