Coal Mine Commercial Manager – Working on a large Mining Operation
- Commercial Manager position will report directly to the site General Manager
- Competitive salary package on offer
The client, one of the largest coal miners in the world, are at the forefront in driving innovation and the conversation around sustainable mining and also coal technologies around the world. They employ over 5000 employees globally and offer the successful applicant fantastic career progression opportunities.
In this role you will report directly to the site General Manager, and be an integral member of the site Senior Leadership Team. You will be responsible for the day-to-day finance function including financial and management reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and driving best practice. You will be working in a dynamic work environment and will need to be able to think on your feet and report on and present financial results at all levels.
Other key responsibilities in this position will include:
- Formulating, managing and monitoring the coal mine site operating and capital budgets, and forecasts
- Ensuring accuracy and appropriateness of operating costs and contractor costs in accordance with approved budgets and forecasts.
- You will also ensure senior management and staff receive information pertaining to financial forecasts and cash forecasts
- Reporting on capital expenditure and maintenance of asset records
- Ensuring the capital plans, strategic plans, operating plans, annual budgets and monthly forecasts are completed in a timely fashion and in accordance with aligned goals
- Undertaking critical reviews of new business initiatives and special projects
- Developing and/or contributing to Continuous Improvement initiatives.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A tertiary degree in an accounting related field, CA/CPA qualifications ideally
- Post graduate qualifications are desirable
- Strong management reporting background
- Experience in SOX compliance systems
- Proven commercial experience in a similar role; preferably in resources or heavy industry
- Strong SAP, or other fully integrated ERP, system skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
What’s on Offer
- Very competitive salary package on offer including bonus and relocation assistance
- Strong career progression opportunities
- True commercial management vacancy supporting operations.
Please submit your resume in a MS Word format by clicking on the Apply button below. All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
Would you like to apply?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for Coal Mine Commercial Manager large Mining operation Mudgee NSW