CHPP Supervisors North Goonyella Coal Mine Jobs
CHPP Supervisors Underground longwall North Goonyella Coal Mine Jobs
Peabody is the world’s largest private-sector coal company. They are a leading voice in advocating for sustainable mining, energy access and clean coal technologies.
Peabody has 23 operations across the United States and Australia, and has 6,700 employees globally, servicing metallurgical and thermal coal customers in more than 25 countries, on five continents. They offer an inclusive work environment and engage, recognize and develop our employees.
About the role
They are currently seeking applications for an experienced CHPP Supervisor to join the team at North Goonyella Coal (NGC) Mine. NGC is an underground longwall mine located 160 kilometers west of Mackay producing a premium quality, high strength coking coal for export markets.
Reporting to the CHPP Superintendent, the CHPP Supervisor plays a fundamental role in ensuring that the CHPP team safely and efficiently achieves performance targets.
Duties will include:
- Demonstrate safe behaviours and provide leadership and guidance to the team of CHPP Technicians
- Assist in the development of operational and maintenance procedures for the CHPP
- Ensuring compliance with operational and maintenance plans and procedures
- Ensure that CHPP safety and production targets are met
- Identify and implement Continuous Improvement opportunities
- Operate mobile equipment as required to meet operational requirements
- Liaising with rail providers to ensure railing commitments and targets are met
- Monitoring Contractor activities and ensuring compliance to health & safety management system
- Conducting performance reviews of CHPP Technicians.
This position is offered on an even time roster and can allow for a residential, DIDO or FIFO lifestyle.
- Be committed to high standards of integrity, safety and performance
- 3 + years’ experience in a similar role in a CHPP environment.
- Strong knowledge of coal processing and an understanding of key drivers of a CHPP
- A trade or process engineering background.
- Cert IV in Frontline Management or similar is desirable.
- Experience operating or overseeing operation of mobile equipment is desirable.
- Commit to safety and health as a way of life
- Foster a culture of inspiration, innovation and collaboration
- Are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse workplace
- Offer a reward and recognition program
- Provide professional and technical development opportunities
- Support employees to achieve professional accreditation
Peabody prides itself on being a values driven company. They strive, through people, to achieve their mission and live our values of Safety, Customer Focus, Leadership, People, Excellence, Integrity and Sustainability. They take responsibility to for the environment, benefit there communities and restore the land for generations that follow.
If the above role appeals to you APPLY today!
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*Apply for CHPP Supervisors Underground longwall North Goonyella Coal Mine Jobs
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStar™
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.