You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Safety is a high priority in this industry. This job requires you to have a heightened sense of awareness and also appreciate the importance of safety in the workplace.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
CHPP Supervisors North Goonyella Coal Mine Jobs
CHPP Supervisors Underground longwall North Goonyella Coal Mine Jobs
Peabody is the world’s largest private-sector coal company. They are a leading voice in advocating for sustainable mining, energy access and clean coal technologies.
Peabody has 23 operations across the United States and Australia, and has 6,700 employees globally, servicing metallurgical and thermal coal customers in more than 25 countries, on five continents. They offer an inclusive work environment and engage, recognize and develop our employees.
About the role
They are currently seeking applications for an experienced CHPP Supervisor to join the team at North Goonyella Coal (NGC) Mine. NGC is an underground longwall mine located 160 kilometers west of Mackay producing a premium quality, high strength coking coal for export markets.
Reporting to the CHPP Superintendent, the CHPP Supervisor plays a fundamental role in ensuring that the CHPP team safely and efficiently achieves performance targets.
Duties will include:
- Demonstrate safe behaviours and provide leadership and guidance to the team of CHPP Technicians
- Assist in the development of operational and maintenance procedures for the CHPP
- Ensuring compliance with operational and maintenance plans and procedures
- Ensure that CHPP safety and production targets are met
- Identify and implement Continuous Improvement opportunities
- Operate mobile equipment as required to meet operational requirements
- Liaising with rail providers to ensure railing commitments and targets are met
- Monitoring Contractor activities and ensuring compliance to health & safety management system
- Conducting performance reviews of CHPP Technicians.
This position is offered on an even time roster and can allow for a residential, DIDO or FIFO lifestyle.
- Be committed to high standards of integrity, safety and performance
- 3 + years’ experience in a similar role in a CHPP environment.
- Strong knowledge of coal processing and an understanding of key drivers of a CHPP
- A trade or process engineering background.
- Cert IV in Frontline Management or similar is desirable.
- Experience operating or overseeing operation of mobile equipment is desirable.
- Commit to safety and health as a way of life
- Foster a culture of inspiration, innovation and collaboration
- Are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse workplace
- Offer a reward and recognition program
- Provide professional and technical development opportunities
- Support employees to achieve professional accreditation
Peabody prides itself on being a values driven company. They strive, through people, to achieve their mission and live our values of Safety, Customer Focus, Leadership, People, Excellence, Integrity and Sustainability. They take responsibility to for the environment, benefit there communities and restore the land for generations that follow.
If the above role appeals to you APPLY today!
This is an excellent opportunity for you to advance your career with a leading mining contractor. To apply for this role please follow the link below.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for CHPP Supervisors Underground longwall North Goonyella Coal Mine Jobs