Coal Mining Supervisor, CHPP
With a global business, they offer diverse and rewarding careers. They are committed to Thiess being a company and a culture where great people can excel and where they are developed and supported to reach their highest potential.
Join the team of industry leaders – because with your skills, knowledge and experience will make a difference to the benefit of our clients, communities and project partners.
With a history since 1934, Thiess is the world’s largest mining services provider. They offer the widest range of in-house surface and underground mining capabilities in leading commodities across Australia, Botswana, Canada, Chile, Indonesia and Mongolia. Every day, they optimize the mining life-cycle to create lasting value.
The Lake Vermont Coal Project is situated in Dysart, North Queensland.
About the role
CHPP at Lake Vermont is currently expanding and due to this expansion, they are searching for four CHPP Supervisors. As CHPP Supervisor reporting to the Senior Process Engineer you will work collaboratively towards delivering high-quality solutions and results.
The CHPP Supervisor is responsible for the safe and efficient running of day-to-day CHPP operations and maintenance.
The CHPP Supervisor must ensure:
- Compliance to the Thiess Safety Essentials
- Compliance to site health, safety and environmental policy
- Quality of CHPP work, to provide reliable plant and equipment for CHPP operations
- Provide leadership, mentoring and direction to CHPP Operators/Maintainers
- Alignment of maintenance objectives with production objectives
- Operate. maintain and improve equipment availability and MTBF
- Execute the operation and maintenance plans
- Adequate resources are in place to execute work
- Drive a collaborative and continuous improvement culture
To be successful in this role you will possess strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish effective working relationships with key internal and external clients. You will demonstrate the ability to deliver on production and maintenance targets in a challenging, fast paced and professional environment.
Role requirements for the CHPP Supervisor:
- Trade Certificate or > 5 years in CHPP coordinators role
- Experience in a CHPP maintenance environment
- Experience in a CHPP operational environment
- Hold a current Standard 11 *Standard 11 Training*, S123 & G2 qualifications
- Experience supervising large multi-functional site-based operations or maintenance teams
- Knowledge of job specific computer programs essential, JDE, Microsoft office
Roster & Conditions
- 7/7 Rotating Day and Night Shift Roster
- Full camp facilities available
There commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce .They recognize the value of an inclusive and diverse workplace through our vision: everyone matters always.
Through this vision, they will build a community where respect, value and thoughtfulness toward each person will underpin their ability to bring their full self to work because here they will be empowered, safe and included.
If you feel you have the required skills and are looking to join a professional team, please apply online now with an up to date CV.
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence and your details will not be forwarded to the company without gaining your prior consent. Make yourself stand out from everyone and create your resume with keywords contain.
How to apply
This role is an opportunity to make the next step in your career. With culture of recognition, development, and a stimulating and satisfying work environment there is no better time to join Thiess.Apply for CHPP Supervisors Coal Mining Senior Process Operations QLD
Standard 11 Mining Induction
The Standard 11 is a course that provides skill and knowledge required for working in surface coal mines under the QLD Mining Inspectorate Recognised Standard 11.
If your job means you must access a Queensland coal mine site - you'll need a Standard 11.
The Standard 11 covers essential safety training designed to keep you and other workers safe from injury and harm when working on site.
You can book your course online and we will find a training provider close to your location - we do all the work for you.