This job asks for motivated people. How do you motivate yourself?
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
CFO – Mining / Natural Resources
Centaur Lithium is an emerging Lithium junior with an exciting portfolio of exploration projects in the Salta Province of Argentina. Centaur has an active growth strategy to develop into a junior producer with immediate growth activity currently underway.
Centaur currently has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Chief Executive Officer, with substantial exposure to the mining industry, to join close-knit team and play a critical role in leading the Company through an IPO process to list on the ASX in 2018 tasked with subsequently achieving the Company’s goal of developing Centaur Lithium into a leading Lithium producer.
This newly created role will report to the CEO, working closely with the senior leadership team and Board, taking responsibility for all aspects of financial control and reporting, budgeting and forecasting, strategic planning, drive efficiencies in financial/business systems and controls, participate and advise on commercial decisions, manage cash flow and risk, assist in future acquisition due diligence and integration, and oversee investor relations for the company.
Candidates must have previous experience in a similar role, be able to operate at a strategic level, identifying priorities whilst still being able to operate at a hands on level when required.
This is a high profile role that requires strong leadership and previous experience partnering with an executive team.
Essential skills, experience and competencies for this role include:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Accounting and/or finance with strong career progression
- CPA or CA qualification
- A minimum of 7 years’ overall experience in a senior accounting role, with the last 3 -5 years being the Chief Financial Officer within a mining company preferably listed on ASX in Australia.
Senior experience with a major miner (Rio Tinto, BHP, Glencore etc.) favourable however not essential.
- A track record of strong financial management with the proven ability to enhance business performance
- Experience in Latin American markets preferred however not essential
- The ability to provide independent advice (verbally and written) to senior level management on highly technical matters
- Pleasant personality with good presentation, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work in small teams.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively to drive positive outcomes with managers, staff and key stakeholders
- Candidates must have strong knowledge of company secretary work for an ASX listed company.
- This role is a key strategic appointment for the organization with the opportunity to drive business direction and growth and as such we are searching for a passionate, highly capable and agile leader.
- Ever light Resources offers a highly competitive salary and the opportunity to work within a company with strong values and a hardworking culture.
They will be short listing immediately for a prompt start. Due to the high volume of applications will only contact the most suitable candidates.
Candidates must have the right, and be able to provide evidence, to work in Australia.
Would you like to apply?
This is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic mining operation that recognizes achievement and offers genuine career opportunities. Submit an application for this position, use the Apply button below. Don’t forget you will need the appropriate mine site qualifications such as Standard 11 Induction TrainingApply for Chief Financial Officer Mining Natural Resources Brisbane