If you're thinking of applying for this job, make sure your resume is up-to-date and includes at least some of the keywords contained within the advert.Click Here to download our Expert Mining Resume Guide and create the best version of your mining resume.Mackay & Coalfields, Queensland location.
This is a Bowen Basin job located in the Mackay & Coalfields area. Do you live close to this location, or are you willing to FIFO from within Queensland?
You need a Standard 11 Mining Induction to be eligible for this job. If you don't have one and are not sure what this is, click the Standard 11 Mining Induction link further down the page.
Only applicants with real skills should apply. When sending in your application for the job, be sure to highlight the skills you have which are relevant.
See more jobs in the Mine Jobs category.
Boilermakers,Fitters,Riggers & Trades Assistants QLD
The client Is an industry leader offering end-to-end engineering services across the Bowen Basin. Employing a wide range of trade and skilled individuals, this is a fantastic opportunity to secure ongoing works with a reputable company based locally In Mackay.
They are seeking Fitters | Boilermakers | Riggers| Trades Assistants for a 5 Day Shutdown at Kestrel Mine commencing on the 20th November
Boilermakers Fitters Riggers Trades Assistants Kestrel Shutdown QLD
What you’ll need to succeed
- You will be trade qualified in your chosen field with suitable previous site experience.
- Must hold a current Standard 11 Induction Training, working at heights & confined space qualifications
- Kestrel Induction – Essential
- Reliable Transport
- Ability to commit to all 5 days.
What you’ll get in return
This temporary assignment will reward you with an excellent hourly rate, and gain further experience in the industry. You will also become a part of a casual pool with potential for further work with a variety of clients down the track.
What else they can offer
- Weekly Pays, and don’t stress if you miss the 1st deadline they do offer a 2nd payment run later in the week for those on rosters that may have difficulty getting time sheets through by the deadline.
- Ongoing support, If you placement is coming to an end they will ensure that they are actively seeking to place you in your next role
- Access to potential jobs across Hays Globally, do you have a desire to work somewhere else in Australia or overseas.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘Apply Now‘ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call now.
Apply for Boilermakers Fitters Riggers Trades Assistants Kestrel Shutdown QLD
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are searching for a new position, please contact for a confidential discussion on your career. Applications can be made via the “Apply Now” Link or simply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Bowen Basin mining region, Queensland.
The Queensland Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the world’s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queensland’s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers a total area of over 60,000 square kilometres and is located in Central Queensland; running from Collinsville to Theodore. The entire region is home to many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Here's a list of mining companies with operations in the Bowen Basin.
- Peabody Energy Australia Pty Ltd
- New Hope Corporation Limited
- QCoal Pty Ltd
- Hail Creek Holdings Pty Ltd
- Mt Rawdon Operations Pty Ltd
- Glencore Coal Queensland Pty Limited
- Fitzroy Queensland Resources Limited
- Conquest Mining Limited
- Ravenswood Gold Pty Ltd
- BHP Coal Pty Ltd/li>
- Baralaba Coal Company Pty Ltd
- Anglo American Metallurgical Coal Pty Ltd
- Santos Limited (JV with Santos Limited, Petronas Total and Kogas)
- TEC Coal Pty Ltd
- TerraCom Australia
- Coronado Curragh Pty Ltd
- Yarrabee Coal Company Pty Ltd
For a more detailed view of the above list, here's the link to Queensland State Development mines list