Evolution is recruiting for an exciting mine life extension for Cowal Gold Operation. The extension will enable continued operations at the existing mine to add an additional 8 years of operations and an additional 1.7 million ounces of gold production. Cowal is a first class open cut mining operation, approximately 45kms from the town of West Wyalong and 450km west of Sydney. It is centrally located to a number of large regional towns and facilities.
- 7:7 Roster
- Residential opportunity – Must reside in West Wyalong (whilst on shift)
- Shared Housing and 1 bedroom units available in West Wyalong which can be salary sacrificed
What will you be doing?
Reporting to the Leading Hand you will be responsible for the operation of equipment to ensure the achievement of shift production targets in a safe and timely manner.
- Carry out all activities in conformance with Evolution Mining’s cultural, safety and environmental policies in line with all mine consents, regulations and operation procedures.
- Meet or exceed mine budgeted, forecast and planned outputs
- Ensure equipment is operated within its capabilities to prevent equipment damage and breakdowns.
- Ensure effective operation of equipment is undertaken to achieve design tolerances such as floor RL’s, Ore blocks, batter toe positions
- Ensure effective use of the Mine star GPS system. Report any faults with the system, and ensure that the correct files are loaded and used at all times and report any discrepancies
- Ensure efficient use of equipment operating to achieve daily and weekly targets and outcomes
- Actively participate in initiatives to maximize efficiency and productivity of personnel and equipment
- Ensure that all relevant logs, sheets and documentation are accurately completed and handed to the Leading Hand or Foreman each shift
- Actively maintain dig faces, floor RL’s, floor condition and roads to reduce Tyre damage and maximize hauling efficiency
- Attend and actively participate in all pre-start and safety toolbox meetings
- Ensure good, clear and respectful communication lines between Foreman, crew members, the Technical group and other Department
- Commit to maintaining health, safety and security standards and principles, both within own workplace and through the identification of potential risks throughout Evolution
- Demonstrate behaviors aligned with the Evolution Mining values and Safety Principles
Are you the one?
- Australian C class drivers license is essential
- Proven experience in an open pit mining environment
- Deemed fully competent and passed out in any of the following equipment ie: Excavators, Dozers, Loaders, Graders, Haul Truck)
- Ability to work a paneled roster
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessing (TAE) desirable
Along with the above pre-requisites the are also looking for an enthusiastic team player to join close knit team. Evolution Mining is striving to continue to deliver high standards of work through our core values – Safety, Excellence, Accountability and Respect..
Apply now and to discover more about the project, click “Apply” button below
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the worldâ€™s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queenslandâ€™s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStarâ„˘
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.