10,000 full-time Carmichael mine jobs on the way
The new deal with the Bank of India provides for a loan of $US1 billion subject to the detailed assessment of Adani’s Carmichael, near Clermont in Western Queensland.
This new finance deal is a big bonus in the development of the Carmichael mine. The proposed coal mine is a huge investment for Adani in Queensland and Australian coal mining technology.
Adani Mining chief executive Jeyakumar Janakaraj said the memo of understanding with the Bank of India sends a strong message to the market that Adani’s Carmichael mine project is on track to deliver its first coal in 2017.
The Carmichael mine will create 10,000 mining jobs in Queensland and generate $22 billion in taxes and royalties for the Queensland government, in addition to helping Adani deliver cost-efficient power in the Indian market.
The mine will be huge, with some 11 billion tonnes of thermal coal, and is the centrepiece of Adani`s integrated mine, rail and port project in Queensland.
The Queensland State Government has also tipped cash into the rail project to help get Adani`s coal to the port of Abbot Point.
State Development, Infrastructure and Planning Minister, Jeff Seeney, said the agreement was about creating Queensland mining jobs.
“This is simply about the 27,000 jobs that will be created by the Galilee Basin; it is about investing in the infrastructure that will enable those jobs to be available for Queenslanders for decades to come,”¯ the Deputy Premier said.
He would not reveal how much Queensland taxpayers would cough up, although he said the investment would likely be funded by an $8.6 billion infrastructure investment pool to be set aside after the government completes its planned asset privatisations.
He thought the initial total would be in the hundreds of millions.
“The negotiations that we will be having with all of the proponents, is what is their particular infrastructure challenge and how could we assist with that by becoming a minority share holder, or owning a small part of it. And it can be either or. It can be either a minority equity holding in a particular company that owns and operates a piece of infrastructure, or it can be something that the state provides, that we own 100 per cent, but is a small part of the total infrastructure challenge.
“We are prepared to invest a significant amount of money, because there are significant benefits to the state.”¯
Mr Seeney said letters outlining the agreement would be sent to other proponents including Clive Palmer`s Waratah Coal.
The Carmichael mine is heading closer and closer to becoming a reality. Just when coal prices and employment in the coal mining sector hits one of it most challenging times, new hope is being created for thousands of mine workers.
Not only is the Adani Carmichael mine going to create decades of stable employment for Queenslanders, it will fire up GVK-Hancock and Clive Palmer’s Waratah Coal to kick off their Galilee Basin mines also.
A checklist for Adani Carmichael mining jobs
- Learn about the Galilee Basin. Research Waratah Coal, GVK, Hancock Coal and Adani. By going to their websites, you will gain insights into their mining operations.
- Be prepared for the next wave of Galilee Basin mining jobs, get the right training”“ Mining Induction (Standard 11). This mining safety and induction course was also know as `Generic Induction`
- There are other mining courses you can do to up-skill yourself for the coming Queensland mining jobs.
- A Coal Board Medical certificate will be required before applying for these new coal mining jobs. Be prepared - it`s always a good idea and will help your application process.
- If you are not an Australian citizen or resident, you must have the appropriate authority to work in Australia. See 457 Visas and eligibility to work in a mining job.
- Set up job alerts on SEEK, CareerOne, iMINCO, Indeed and other mining jobs boards.
- Search for `Galilee Basin mining jobs Queensland` on Google. An example of this would be to use the most common keywords like “adani mining queensland”¯, “coal mining jobs hancock coal”¯, “galilee basin jobs”¯ or “galilee basin mine”¯.
- Prepare your resume and cover letter to be mining focused. A professional, well written, mining focused resume, with targeted keywords and qualification highlights, will help get your digital resume past resume scanning software and into the hands of a human.
Join the thousands of people who get their Adani Carmichael mine information from iMINCO by subscribing to iMINCO Project News.
Learn more about the Bowen Basin mining location.
The Bowen Basin contains the largest coal reserves in Australia. This major coal producing region contains one of the worldā€™s largest deposits of bituminous coal.
The Basin contains much of the known Permian coal resources in Queensland including virtually all of the known mineable prime coking coal. It was named for the Bowen River, itself named after Queenslandā€™s first Governor, Sir George Bowen.
The Bowen Basin covers an area of over 60,000 square kilometres in Central Queensland running from Collinsville to Theodore and is dotted with many coal mines operated by multiple mining companies.
Caterpillar Haul truck 793
The 793F has a load cpacityof 226.8 ton (US) and a top speed of 60 kilometres an hour. It's a turbocharged air-to-air aftercooled diesel engine that has enhanced power management capability for maximum hauling performance. The C175-16 is a 16-cylinder, four-stroke design that uses long, effective power strokes for optimum efficiency.
The 793F, is an autonomous-driven truck. Over 100 793F trucks are now operating via Command for hauling, the Cat autonomous truck operations system, which is a part of Cat MineStarā„¢
Read more about the CAT 793 automomous mining dump truck on our website.
Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII)
Commonly refered to as Black Coal Competency (BCC), the RII competency is one that can be attained by an operator who has previously worked in the industry and has completed a number of operating hours on various types of machinery.
RII competency is granted to prove correct and safe operation of mine site machinery. It is a very useful qualification to have, as it confirms the operator has the required experience and expertise.
You can transfer your nationally recognised civil Excavator, Front End Loader or Dozer tickets only to RII Black Coal Competencies.